P4 loose propeller warning

Reaction score
Was just flying my phantom 4 around and it threw up these messages half way through my flight. Freaked me out. Propellers always installed correctly, double checked before take off. Never flown it like a moron or hit/crashed it into anything. I may have had it in sport mode flying in a straight line at the time it happened. :-( propellers checked on ground and they were fine... Anybody get this warning?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1 MB · Views: 679
That's odd, I'm scared now. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's a pretty good warning feature if it's accurate. Someone posted a picture on a P4 that crashed stating that a prop flew off. I thought it was just from user error though. Check the plastic part on top of the motors. I see they're secured with a screw. See if it wiggles or needs to be tightened.

I think there are times in flight where props will slow or stall briefly. That may cause the warning.

Reactions: acetmr
Was just flying my phantom 4 around and it threw up these messages half way through my flight. Freaked me out. Propellers always installed correctly, double checked before take off. Never flown it like a moron or hit/crashed it into anything. I may have had it in sport mode flying in a straight line at the time it happened. :-( propellers checked on ground and they were fine... Anybody get this warning?

I just got this message a few days ago and it scared the hell out of me. I really thought it was coming down but it didn't and I landed it safely without issues. Check your flight log and see if it split the flight record into two separate flights. Did it? I was flying mine hard against a crosswind and I'm thinking it's just a flight computer error. I reset my IMU and have gone on 6 long-distance flights since with no errors. Oh and by the way, this was on my P3P with over 43 hours of flight time with the same propellers. If it's happening to a brand new P4 then I doubt it's something physical like unbalanced propellers or something. Let us know if you discover a cause but I wouldn't worry about it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl