P4 Glitch VPS? Please help.

Reaction score
Problem:
During flight my vps will randomly register 3-6 feet when I'm at 200+ feet altitude. Also it tried to say inconsistent firmware on the aircraft DURING FLIGHT but resulted in zero issues.

During active track test it would register 3.6 feet when I'm anywhere between 10-30+ feet. It kept saying it was too low and I don't know if this is because of the trackimo I put on (doesn't impede any of the cameras or ultrasonic radar) or if it's the firmware.

Before flight: firmware updated, vps calibrated, imu calibrated, compass calibrated.

BTW djigo works flawlessly with my galaxy S7

Last edited:
FYI.... Please read the ENTIRE MANUAL at least twice before you fly! Then if you have any questions, there will then enough help there to answer any question.

The inconsistent firmware warning is likely your battery firmware that needs to be updated. You say you updated firmware but if you have multiple batteries they likely require firmware upgrades as well.

Reactions: Sky Architect
The inconsistent firmware warning is likely your battery firmware that needs to be updated. You say you updated firmware but if you have multiple batteries they likely require firmware upgrades as well.
This may have something to do with it because I did 2 FW updates and have 3 batteries. What trips me out is that before takeoff, during my list I check that and it told me that it had the latest FW version. Then in flight I got the pop-up asking to update. Changed the battery for another fly and it was a okay.

The battery in your Phantom at the time of the latest FW update is updated automatically, the other batteries will need to be updated once you use them in the Phantom. The 'Inconsistent Firmware detected' message, which means you have to update the battery firmware can take a little while to display. I updated all my batteries on my kitchen table and I would have to wait at times for the message to appear. So if you went through your normal routine to fly you may not have seen the message and that is why it occurred during your flight and the next battery you installed had the latest firmware already.

Problem:
During flight my vps will randomly register 3-6 feet when I'm at 200+ feet altitude. Also it tried to say inconsistent firmware on the aircraft DURING FLIGHT but resulted in zero issues.

As Al mentioned, please read over the online manual. It mentions that VPS does not work above a certain height. What I don't think it mentions is above those heights it simply displays incorrect numbers.

As Al mentioned, please read over the online manual. It mentions that VPS does not work above a certain height. What I don't think it mentions is above those heights it simply displays incorrect numbers.

I mainly have problems with auto track saying the aircraft is too low. I know it should be around 30 feet but even above that it still says too low. I have to go higher and descend, then rapidly tap because the green box will show up for half a second.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl