P4 dynamic home point

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to this setting? I know what smart return to home is but that's different to the previous dynamic home point. I moved away from the takeoff point yesterday and it returned to the initial home point not the new location!

Yes. Dynamic Homepoint was discontinued after the P2 series. The P3 has a work around. I don't know about the P4.

I noticed mine was gone the other day too. I read in a post somewhere that it was moved In the latest app update to the drop down menu - I think I read the one of the quad in the upper left. I haven't checked yet to verify.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI GO never had a dynamic home point setting. The setting to manually reset the home point has been moved to the top of the "MC Settings". You'll only see it when your Phantom is connected to the DJI GO app.

You can set your homepoint as the take off point or as your controller location from the DJI GO app. I'm going to go ahead and say setting the RC as home point would be similar to what the Dynamic homepoint used to be.

YI'm going to go ahead and say setting the RC as home point would be similar to what the Dynamic homepoint used to be.
The P2 dynamic home point setting auto sets the home point to the mobile device's current location throughout the flight.

Last edited:
I gotta call ya on that one bro.

The P2V's dynamic homepoint is auto set every few seconds to the location of the mobile device, not the location of the phantom.

Page 33 of my P2V manual. ;)

I edited my comment to correct it. Thanks, bro.

So it's pretty much an automatic function for the current setting RC as home point function?
Is this a question? If so, can you rephrase it?

Right. The idea is to allow the Phantom to always RTH to your location. People use it (for example) to fly their Phantom from a moving boat.

Oh that's a good feature. Wonder why they removed it.
You could load up the Phantom with some (wee bit of) explosive, hide the controller in the car and have it land on the car when the battery ran out. Something any self respecting terrorist would think of.

Can't have that.

(Probably because it's hard - the RC has to tell the Phantom where it is. If you have dodgy comms it may fail and the Phantom might go off in a random direction.)

Or else aliens.

Reactions: Ramphex
You can set your homepoint as the take off point or as your controller location from the DtJI GO app. I'm going to go ahead and say setting the RC as home point would be similar to what the Dynamic homepoint used to be.
est Remote control Dual driver 1800W cheap electric skateboard for sale

10 Piece(s) US $ 320
You can set your homepoint as the take off point or as your controller location from the DJI GO app. I'm going to go ahead and say setting the RC as home point would be similar to what the Dynamic homepoint used to be.

NO. This weekend I experimented with the Smarts RTH. It is nothing like DYNAMIC, not at all. SMART lets the drone determine distance and conditions that will prevent its safe return. Great feature but not, for me, as useful as Dynamic RTH. SMART shows the movement of the RC and its current position. However, when RTH is activated the bird returns to the initial home point – whether set standard, by activating props or by using the RC as home point. Either way, in RTH, bird returns to the original set point. Doesn’t matter the current RC location. Anyone have a work around PLEASE let me know. I film in some challenging areas and really need more control. Same with P3 – any & all advice, suggestions, mods whatever are solicited. Just packed up and sold 80 lb. of pre-P3 stuff, drones, batteries, controllers, et. al. most modded. Thinking now it was a mistake. 3DR Solo sucks, Yuneec Typhoon has the best camera of all, including GoPro, but drone itself is a disappointment. Probably sell the Solo soon too. Anyway, Dynamic Home Point on P3 & P4 is needed. Please let me know of any success you’ve had getting it back. Thank you.

Yes, but setting the RC as the home point regularly, repeatedly, and routinely would be similar. Right? I think that was Ramphex's point. Inconvenient for sure, but similar nonetheless.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl