Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. TimF

Hi Everyone.
    I have just unboxed the P4, everything is charged, DJIGo App is installed on my Ipad mini4. I've calibrated it so green lights are shining.
    But, when I try to start the motors they don't start. The GOApp shows disconnected and there is no sign of signal for GPS, Remote or Battery levels. But the strange thing is that the Gimbal can be operated using the wheel on the remote.
    I have tried to download Assistant 2 but there seems to be a bug in this as well as it doesn't load so I cannot update the firmware.
    The little green light on the P4 shines brightly indicating that it is connected to the remote and the remote also has a green light.

Am I doing something wrong ?? Or do you think it needs to go straight to the repair shop ??

Thanks a lot for your advice

Tim

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Did you try upgrading the firmware from the DJI GO app?

3. TimF

I'll have a go I didn't know tht this was possible Thanks

Actually I can't find it on the GoApp. Any chance you could tell me where it is ? Sorry

#3 TimF, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
  4. sar104

Just to be clear - are you saying that the Go app is connected to the RC but the aircraft shows as disconnected in the app? If so, that was previously a symptom of having updated the RC firmware via the app without first updating the aircraft firmware. Did you update the RC firmware? If that is the problem, then a solution was to downgrade the RC firmware, at which point the app will see the aircraft again and you can upgrade the aircraft firmware before re-upgrading the RC.

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

To clarify, I was asking if you attempted to do it. Only installing the remote controller firmware could cause a problem like this.

6. TimF

Thats correct, the Go app is connected to the RC but the aorcraft shows as disconnected in the app. I didn't (and can't currently) update the firmware as assistant is also not working for me.. I'll try Phantom Helps suggestion of loading the drivers from my PC onto the SD card. But not sure how this will work.

Thanks a lot for your help so far

7. TimF

Sorry I misunderstood, no no firmware updated at all. Fresh out of the box : -)

8. John Locke

Where did you buy it? If you didn't buy direct from DJI, such as Apple or Best Buy, I would return it for a new unit. It should connect fresh from the box.

9. Matt122;

10. sar104

The problem occurs if you let the Go app update the RC firmware before you connect your mobile device directly to the aircraft to update its firmware. Are you sure that you didn't let it do that? As I said, you can also downgrade the RC firmware from the Go app if that did happen.