P4 Battery discharge

Reaction score
Hello,

well I charged all my batteries to go fly last weekend but turned out so cold and canceled the flight [emoji53] now I have full charged 4 batteries and won't fly till Saturday... should I leave them and charge them again Friday night or there's a way to safely discharge them... it's all new batteries (1st full charge)... [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would leave them charged, it's only 4 days. If you discharge to 50% it will still be a cycle and batteries have only x charges in a life time. I leave mine charged for a week and my batteries (4) are 9 months old with over 60+ cycles and are still well over 90% battery life. When done flying and cooled I charge to 50% and top to 100% the day I fly.(when possible)

If you decide not to go flying this week end don't worry as the batteries are set to discharge automatically ofter a 10 day period. Make sure your batteries are in a ventilated area when self discharge is in progress as they will become warm to the touch.
Discharge takes around 2 days which will leave the batteries in storage mode of 50%.
Battery time to discharge can be reduced to less time if so desired in the dji go app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing