P3S Pitch Motor

Clk

Reaction score
Crashed my P3S - the motor closest to the camera (I think it is called the pitch motor) is binding and the camera does not move freely up and down but I can manually move. It appears to move freely from side to side without issue. I assume the motor has been damaged. Is there a easy way to remove the motor to check its condition or is there another manner for checking whether the pitch motor is damaged.

I guess following the crash the gimbal isn't performing the 3axis motion check at start up, or ?
What you mean by pitch motor is binding ? Is binding what ? Make sure the gimbal ribbon cable is not damaged in any way, it's a sensitive part.

Correct - the 3 axis motion check at start up is failing. The flex cable does not appear to be damaged in any way. When I manually move the camera up and down it does not move freely; there appears to be unnecessary friction and does not move under it own weight. Is there any way to disassemble the pitch motor from the camera to enable it to be inspected or replaced?

Yes, there is a tiny set screw in the camera that goes into the pitch motor shaft.
AFAIK, the only way to access the screw though is to remove the black ribbon cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing