Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3S No video on Galaxy 3 tablet but fine on IOS phone and iPad

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by yogi27, Jul 10, 2016.

1. yogi27

Hi,
    I have a problem with my new P3S. I'm trying to use my Galaxy 3 tablet. The problem is No video feed in DJI Go app and Litchi app. Everything connects via WIFI except video. I have complete telemetry from aircraft. I can take pictures and video clips from app. but No video down-link. Everything works great on my iPhone 6s and on my wife's iPad Air, but I would like to use my tablet.
    I had a P2 Vision and everything worked fine with same tablet just last week. I have tried a lot of fixes I've found on net and in forums still no luck. I have read reports tablet needs to be faster a newer version but nothing definite. This is not poor broken video just NO video.

*All updates are up to date on tablet and P3S.
    *I have stopped as many apps on the tablet as I can.
    * I have removed and installed apps several times.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have and thanks ahead of time.

2. shanek

When i got my p3 i went and bought a galaxy 3 to use soley for it,had one flight with it and no more.gave it to my kid. Video was very bad on it.my a3 fone was better. I went and got a nexus7 and havent looked back. Doesnt solve your issue but just to say i found the galaxy3 to be crap for video feed. The nexus only cost 130e in argos.v2 2013 model.

3. yogi27

Thanks for the reply. Do you have the P3s? You had bad video not a black screen like I have correct? I will get another tablet if I have to, but the black screen "no video " has me stumped.

4. shanek

Yes ive a p3s. I know u said no video and yes i had choppy video but if u have the means buy a nexus7 2013(one with the camera) for a dedicated phantom tablet(your call though). This is my opinion only on what works perfect for me.
    Youd need to get a new tablet holder aswell coz the nexus is too heavy for the stock one.

If u dont want to open your rc to fit a tablet holder their is an alluminium one available to replace the stock one.
    I didnt update my tablet to marshmallow coz ive read some people have had problems with it.im on lollipop

5. yogi27

Thanks for the info about the os lollipop. I have a holder from a P2 Vision which is metal not plastic. I've had my Galaxy 3 for several years now so it may be time to replace it. It did work good with my P2 vision.

6. yogi27

I have found that photos and videos on board P3S from previous flights don't show up in the DJI go editor (when running on tablet)but they do show up when I use my iPhone to run Dji go app. The camera is not connecting to the Galaxy 3 tablet at all.