P3S - New to drones - South Wales - UK

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to flying drones and have just bought a new P3S which gets delivered on the 30/03/2017. Also paid for my insurance FPV insurance too. Looking forward to speaking to everyone.

Stu

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Stewpot1776
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Thank you Dirkclod I look forward to it. Have a good day.

Reactions: dirkclod
Stu, me too, mine arrives tomorrow, a lightly used PS Advanced. I registered on the FAA Web site today, paid $5.00 and got my number. This forum looks like a great resource.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hi Stu, I've been building drones for about two years now, all from scratch and mostly based on APM and pixhawk controlers. I got the P3S for Christmas and haven't touched any of the others since.
Absolutely brilliant bit of kit.
If you new to drones, take your time. If your not then get stuck in. Either way, Have fun.

One thing to remember Stu. Trees are a great subject for filming as are lions and tigers and large birds. But all four of the b*****ds will have you out of the air in seconds.

Hi Stu,

Welcome to the forum.

If you have not already done so, check the CAA rules for flying UAV's.

Flying drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). Click on the link to view their web site :-

British Model Flying Association

It costs £32 at the time of writing.

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice.

Cheers Alan-G, your right about the 4 haha ;)

Thanks ScouseMouse for the welcome and advice.

Cheers Deltamike great words of advice

Hi Stu hope your having fun with your new toy, I'm just off out now to play with mine.
FPVUK £15 p/a for £5milion cover

Last edited:
Have fun today Alan. It's a lovely day for it. I have signed up for the FPVUK but only saw the 6 month option so bought that.

I had a little play around the other day for the first time. This was the first flight.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any tips feel free to share ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan