P3S - Flatcable broken. Replace it myself?

Reaction score
My gimbals flatcable has somehow been damaged. I have been flying with it for a while but lately it seems getting worse. The gimbal starts to freak out and spasm. This definitely has to do with the flatcable, so i need to replace it. But should i do it myself? I dont really have the tools for it, and im not too big of a technician. Im not sending it to DJI because last time i damaged my rc it took them 3 weeks, and doing it myself would be a lot cheaper.

How hard is it? I have watched a few videos, but im not sure if im ready for it.
18268305_832348820280567_5456846665713123017_n.jpg

(this is an old photo, But you can already see the crack in it)

I have done it on my P3S. It is not terrible. Butttttt
I hated doing it. In my old age I have lost some dexterity and eyesight.
It is tricky in some stages so pay attention to the videos. Some are better than others. Actually some are worthless.

If you want to get someone to do it for you? I know a guy who is very reasonable and honest.

Good luck
Bill

I have done it on my P3S. It is not terrible. Butttttt
I hated doing it. In my old age I have lost some dexterity and eyesight.
It is tricky in some stages so pay attention to the videos. Some are better than others. Actually some are worthless.

If you want to get someone to do it for you? I know a guy who is very reasonable and honest.

Good luck
Bill

Thats good to hear. You still have the video you used? Might be useful

Also thanks but ill probably do it myself, And if it wont work out ill probably ask for help at my nearest hobbyshop (also im in the netherlands ;) )

Most of the repair pretty easy until you get to the part of wrapping the flat ribbon around the side of the camera that part was pretty difficult give the tight space.

Reactions: ArmyVet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing