P3S / DJI Go App. / ios 9.2

Reaction score
Bought a new phantom 3 standard. Downloaded dji go app. App said return to home screen and upgrade firmware. Assuming it was referring to my iPhone 6. I upgraded the ios 8.4 system to ios 9.2. Now each time I launch the app. It keeps saying RC Signal Lost where it used to say Ready to fly. (Top / Center) Haven't been able to fly it yet. Someone help me please.

ouch. sorry bob, but the DJI GO app was definitely not referring to updating your iPhone's firmware. on the GO app, are you still seeing the blue banner stating that the firmware was downloaded?

Bought a new phantom 3 standard. Downloaded dji go app. App said return to home screen and upgrade firmware. Assuming it was referring to my iPhone 6. I upgraded the ios 8.4 system to ios 9.2. Now each time I launch the app. It keeps saying RC Signal Lost where it used to say Ready to fly. (Top / Center) Haven't been able to fly it yet. Someone help me please.
Check if the link button under one of the arms is red. If it is, you need to link the controller to the drone per instructions below
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453526867.395416.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you for your response Mandalay. Just got a chance to look to see if any considerate help might be here. Thank you so much. I spent an entire day researching and calling Apple/Dji etc. No help at all. So I joined my first ever forum in desperation. One last time...THANK YOU. I checked to see if the link light was lit red, and it was! So I followed the instructions and it worked! Getting real excited now. OMG! That appears to have done the trick. Just calibrated both.( gyros & compass) iPhone 6 linked up good. Ran a test with props off. This suckers working!!!

Can't believe no tech new to try that. All I could get was I need to wait until Dji put out an update. Needless to say I was furious I'd bought a $600 paper weight. I've flown everything from RC gliders to ducted fan jets for 25 yrs. Excited to experiment with this newer techno. Now if it will quit raining I'll have at it. Let you know how it goes. :eek: :D

I guess it's all perception on how you explain the problem. Grats. You are ready to fly. With some practice of course.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you for your response Mandalay. Just got a chance to look to see if any considerate help might be here. Thank you so much. I spent an entire day researching and calling Apple/Dji etc. No help at all. So I joined my first ever forum in desperation. One last time...THANK YOU. I checked to see if the link light was lit red, and it was! So I followed the instructions and it worked! Getting real excited now. OMG! That appears to have done the trick. Just calibrated both.( gyros & compass) iPhone 6 linked up good. Ran a test with props off. This suckers working!!!
Glad to know I was able to help and thanks for the update. Happy flying [emoji1]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl