P3P or 4

Reaction score
Hey guys, and ladies. This has come up before and I have been reading everything I can get my hands on but I thought I would ask the question direct. So, on Black Friday I am buying my drone. This will be my first one and I am new to the hobby. Which one should I buy? This is going to be for fun but it would be nice to turn this into a money thing down the road. What are your thoughts?

If I could only have one, I'd take the P4 all day. It's built better than the P3P and has some other nice improvements.

Reactions: Tommy Iversen
Hey guys, and ladies. This has come up before and I have been reading everything I can get my hands on but I thought I would ask the question direct. So, on Black Friday I am buying my drone. This will be my first one and I am new to the hobby. Which one should I buy? This is going to be for fun but it would be nice to turn this into a money thing down the road. What are your thoughts?
Either, they are both very good.
Whichever has the features that are important to you at a price point that you like will be OK.

Go for the best in your eyes. Money is not the only constraint

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just recently pulled the trigger on the new Mavic Pro only because we'll be traveling to Cancun next month. If you're planning on doing a lot of traveling then shoot for a Mavic for portability if not the P3P is all you need IMO. Good luck!

P4 seems less likely to crack the body shell as the motor mounts are internal on the P4. The P3 has the external screws that sometimes crack the plastic casing which means you send it off for a few weeks.

Thanks guys, i didn't expect this whole process to be that difficult. Maybe go with the pro and get a nicer iPad, but the 4 is very nice as well. Decisions......

I think that the redundant IMUs and redundant compasses on the Phantom 4 represent a significant potential improvement in reliability. Given the potential for flyaways based on those two flight control systems, think that that fact alone makes it worth the money.

Reactions: Tommy Iversen
I'm leaning towards the 4, especially if the Black Friday price is $999.00. Thanks MacCool.

Having purchased a P3A for my birthday in September AND having returned it after 28 days due to stress cracks under two mounts I'd vote P4. I just ordered an official DJI refurbished P4 from newegg for 849.99. Official refurbished return policy stinks but if purchased through Amazon or newegg you get 30 days no questions asked. I know amazon honors that, I hope newegg does. I triple checked with customer service in that before I ordered with newegg.

999.99 is great price for new, I saw Bb was doing that but couldn't wait any longer :0

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks Badgenes, I appreciate you sharing your story, it helps me figure out which way I'm going.

I just got back from Best Buy and I am always amazed at how little the employees working there seem to know. He couldn't find the add that I had found and wasn't sure what the prices were going to be. The kicker is he didn't really seem to concerned about finding out. Doesn't surprise me. I will have to look for the add again and if anyone hears anything or sees it please post. They did have a 4 in display and it looks like an awesome machine. Clean, and crisp body lines, very nice.
My new plan is to spend the money on the 4 and if I can't swing a new iPad just wait till I can. During that time I can use my iPhone which is basically a brand new 6 Plus and I'm thinking it should work.

Reactions: Badgenes
I think that the redundant IMUs and redundant compasses on the Phantom 4 represent a significant potential improvement in reliability. Given the potential for flyaways based on those two flight control systems, think that that fact alone makes it worth the money.

This is a very good point, that often isn't mentioned at comparison.

Thanks Badgenes, I appreciate you sharing your story, it helps me figure out which way I'm going.

I just got back from Best Buy and I am always amazed at how little the employees working there seem to know. He couldn't find the add that I had found and wasn't sure what the prices were going to be. The kicker is he didn't really seem to concerned about finding out. Doesn't surprise me. I will have to look for the add again and if anyone hears anything or sees it please post. They did have a 4 in display and it looks like an awesome machine. Clean, and crisp body lines, very nice.
My new plan is to spend the money on the 4 and if I can't swing a new iPad just wait till I can. During that time I can use my iPhone which is basically a brand new 6 Plus and I'm thinking it should work.

Just so you know the ad I saw is for Black Friday, so you have to wait until next Thursday. But is isn't and "in store" only item so can be ordered at 5 a.m. for pickup during the day (I think). Now I sure hope the refurbished one I ordered gets here before then or I'll be cancelling it and going to BB.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

yessir, that was 999.99 starting at 0500 hours Thanksgiving Day. (do i remember??? I've been scouring the internet the last 4 weeks since I sent my P3A back :) my wife told me the other day "amazon isn't going to drop the price babe the way you are obsessing, you need to stop searching for them logged into our Prime account or they will just INCREASE the price" lol)

I'm sure there will be deals on the P3P and 4 next week.

To funny, thanks! I think I'm waiting until Black Friday, or maybe even thanksgiving night and try to pick up the Phantom 4. If they have a good deal on an iPad I might try to grab one as well but it would need to be a really good sale. Been thinking the mini 4 but I heard the Air Pro is ok as well. I need to keep reading on which iPad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing