P3P HDMI Screen and phone holder

Reaction score
I want to install the HDMI module for my P3P but I would like to use a HDMI screen as well as my phone in map mode (GO App/Litchi)

I have seen a youtube video with the type of setup I would like but the content creator did not reply with info on his mount.

I know how he has mounted the HDMI screen to the controller. Its a simple carbon fiber screen mount that i use with my custom build multirotors but I am interested in his phone mount holder.

I could not seem to figure out how he attached it and I am ot sure if it folds down either.

Please see attached for screenshots from some of his youtube videos
IMG_0822.PNG IMG_0823.PNG IMG_0824.PNG IMG_0825.PNG IMG_0826.PNG

Ideally I would like the phone holder to "close" like the like the original RC phone/tablet holder but the screen can be removed every time I store it.

Any links or suggestions before I modify the phone mount on a cheap selfie stick?

It looks like the monitor is attached via bracket (highlighted in yellow) to the handle. The phone via the standard mounting bracket. Green highlight in the phone mount.

Attachments

• 1465750747874.jpg
    1465750747874.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 294
Last video capture, the add-on phone mount is attached outside the remote control stub (holder mounting stub) with an extended screw. "Yellow arrow"

Attachments

• 1465751165628.jpg
    1465751165628.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 320
Any reason that you would like to have two monitors mounted on a RC?

I understand if someone takes HDMI output to goggles or external large screen cant understand your use case.

It looks like the monitor is attached via bracket (highlighted in yellow) to the handle. The phone via the standard mounting bracket. Green highlight in the phone mount.

The monitor is mounted on a standard carbon fibre monitor mount that i have for my turnigy 9x but the phone mount is actually attached to the usual rc mount but he has removed the grip part and attached a smaller phone grip so it does not get in the way of the HDMI screen

Any reason that you would like to have two monitors mounted on a RC?

I understand if someone takes HDMI output to goggles or external large screen cant understand your use case.
The main reason is so that i can see a live video feed and have map mode for go app/litchi

Technically one can focus on one screen at a time, that's why there is easy switching to different screen is provided on litchi/ Go App. Good that you can focus on both together and can handle messy set up.

I dont think its messy at all and i have both screens up so i focus on both screens anyway this way i just get to see both of them better and can tap on the screen for litchi whilst still seeing video.

We'll just put it down to personal preference

I dont think its messy at all and i have both screens up so i focus on both screens anyway this way i just get to see both of them better and can tap on the screen for litchi whilst still seeing video.

We'll just put it down to personal preference
Can you post a picture of your dual setup?...please

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT