P3P = Giant Paperweight

Reaction score
Hoping you guys can help. Im having a problem updating the firmware on my AC, and also Experiencing the "no signal" no video issue.

I've tried updating my P3P from 1.4 to 1.8. After 10 minutes I get the red light and constant tone...txt file says failed to update. Several more attempts yielded the same result. The bin file was copied over to the Sd card properly.

RC updated fine, and when I check the current versions in the DJI GO App, everything says its up to date (including the AC to 1.8). I did notice before the update that the DJI GO app said my AC, Camera and RC required update.

When I fire up the AC, connect the RC, and enter the camera through the app, I get No Signal and No video feed from the AC...however the AC is receiving a signal from the RC...camera moves with input and props can fire up..just no video

So 2 questions.

1.) Is it possible the AC is really updated (based on what the app reports) even though the txt file said it failed?

2.) Whats the deal with the No Signal/No video feed? im running the latest IOS version on an iPhone 6+. To note, The no signal/no video issue were occurring prior to all recent updates

FRUSTRATED

Last edited:
ill tell you what this is right now, these symptoms are the exact same I had on a brand new P3P. The wire at the top of the gimbal plate is not seated correctly, there are 2 connectors at the top, make sure they are both seated.

1. The AC firmware updated but reported it failed because it was unable to update the camera firmware
2. The no signal thing was happening because either a connector is not seated correctly or a wire within the connector is not making a connection.

ill tell you what this is right now, these symptoms are the exact same I had on a brand new P3P. The wire at the top of the gimbal plate is not seated correctly, there are 2 connectors at the top, make sure they are both seated.

1. The AC firmware updated but reported it failed because it was unable to update the camera firmware
2. The no signal thing was happening because either a connector is not seated correctly or a wire within the connector is not making a connection.

I'll go check that out! Did yours physically look loose, or did you unplug then plug them back in?

Also don't start the A/C without the RC being on first.
I only turn on my P3P first is when I am doing an update.

When the A/C starts unlinked to remote, it thinks it is in the update FW mode.

As Sinisalo posted, check those and the wiring from gimbal to VPS module.
So a total of three grey multi wired plugs/

Mine was completely loose, the package got bumped around during shipping and the gimbal dampers stretched which allowed the camera to move too far down and it pulled the wire out completely. I used a set of tweezers to get it over the connection and a butter knife to push it down. Don't push the wires, just the edges of the connector.

Here is the connector I had that was loose which caused these exact symptoms:
P3P Loose Connector.JPG

Thanks for the tips guys. I've unseated and reseated all three connectors, fired up the RC then the bird...still nothing..

The more i read into this no signal/no video issue, it seems to be a known hardware failure. I purchased the P3P last July, and have flown it maybe 5-6 times total. Out of the blue last week when i went to fire it up, it presented the issue. Nothing else has changed since the last successful flight.

Does anyone with experience know if DJI's warranty will cover the replacement gimbal/camera? There website seems to state they only cover the gimbal/camera for 6 months...

Have a look at Jacks Drones Youtube channel. He posted a video earlier this week where he said something along the lines of... if you make the mistake of upgrading your RC before your drone you'll have the problems you referred to above.

Always update the Phantom first, then power it off and on with the RC off and not on first. Then turn the RC on and perform the update on it.

Perhaps there are comments on Jacks video as to how to resolve your issue. Good luck.

Have a look at Jacks Drones Youtube channel. He posted a video earlier this week where he said something along the lines of... if you make the mistake of upgrading your RC before your drone you'll have the problems you referred to above.

Always update the Phantom first, then power it off and on with the RC off and not on first. Then turn the RC on and perform the update on it.

Perhaps there are comments on Jacks video as to how to resolve your issue. Good luck.

Thanks, I'll take a look. The no signal/video issues were present before the updates

You may have a corrupted version and need to delete it and download another. Also, make sure it un-zipped completely, I have been having similar issues.

Are you still under warranty? Contact DJI and they will help you troubleshoot, your camera/gimbal assembly may need to be replaced

The correct starting sequence is

RC >>>>DJI Go App >>>>>P3

Switch off in the reverse sequence

Sequence for FW installation as both are linked to each other

P3 FW with RC Off
RC FW with P3 Off

Topic of the thread is P3P = Giant Paperweight

What's the price per pound? :) with and without latest FW

The correct starting sequence is

RC >>>>DJI Go App >>>>>P3

Switch off in the reverse sequence

Sequence for FW installation as both are linked to each other

P3 FW with RC Off
RC FW with P3 Off

I agree, when I start the RC it opens DJI Go on the tablet then I start the bird.

Here's what DJI found.

They mention gimbal and mainboard...which part is this? Phantom 3 fc300x mainboard pcba v7

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 397
Sounds like the big circuit board on the gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl