P3P firmware update

Reaction score
Excuse me but I am a newbie just got my p3p and dos the update to firmware version v1.6 0040. All went well and got a success message in log. Tried to update controller via sub but nothing happened so tried to update by connecting to phantom but light went from instant red to instant green so I wasn't sure if it had updated as I also didn't have the ad card in the P3P. I put the ad card in and tried again but the same happened red then instant green on controller. I read the results on the ad card and it now reads that it had failed reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade again. Is this because it has already updated that I get the failure message or do I need to update again.

The remote controller should be updated via DJI GO if you have version 1.3.2 or higher. You can find detailed installation instructions here. If you have 1.5.7 installed on your remote controller, then you're up-to-date.

Reactions: Jussaguy
My remote is on 1.5.70 and aircraft on 1.6.40 just go into the menu and check the about screen

You are all set then.

The main issue I have is that firmware update failed messages are they relevant as it said success the first time

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can only install the same firmware version once. If you attempt to install the same version again, the TXT log should show it's already installed.

This is the text so not sure if it's updated or not
f995e05a52117f4dc85673440583d3a0.jpg

You already confirmed the DJI GO About screen is showing that you have the latest versions installed.

I'm not sure what you're doing in the above log. It looks like you might be attempting to install firmware on your remote controller via a USB drive. If so, that's not possible.

Do I remove the firmware update from the sd card now to continue using it in the P3P

You already confirmed the DJI GO About screen is showing that you have the latest versions installed.

I'm not sure what you're doing in the above log. It looks like you might be attempting to install firmware on your remote controller via a USB drive. If so, that's not possible.
Dylan confirmed, not Ian.

Ian, you need to go into the About section of the GO app. Turn everything one including the drone. Look at the revisions you have for the RC, the drone, and the app. Let us know what you see.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl