P3P Fell out of the sky

Sorry, but I'm new to this. What is a CSC? It sounds like I don't want to accidentally initiate one in flight.

Also, where is the "flight log" stored. I like the idea of replaying it like in the video above.

Thanks,

What is a CSC?

P3-CSC.jpg

Last edited:
Very true, they have my flight log internal to bird, but I can't look at mine on dji go.
Maybe the flight log is in the DJI folder on your device, but not showing up in the Go app. It has happened to me.
See if there's one there. The filename is created using the date and time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Maybe the flight log is in the DJI folder on your device
There are two flight logs. One is stored on the mobile device by DJI GO -- and, the other on the Phantom's internal memory card. Since the signal was lost, only the internal memory card would hold the data for the entire flight.

Asking DJI to look further than the logs seems like it may be asking too much...the entire reason for the logs is so a record of the flight is kept. The odds of the "logs creating themselves" would seem extremely low.

The logs (and most computers) don't have feelings and they don't have poor memory like we human beings do. In other words, given the choice between the log data and what a human (who lost money) says, most would trust the logs.

My P3P has lost FPV feed regularly since the day I bought it. But it never lost R/C control. I can usually fix the problem with an IMU calibrations or checking of the FPV transmission channel. At one point I had to replace the app to get it to run correctly (it's over a year old). But it never flew anywhere without a command.

Not seeing the logs, I still don't understand why you could not control it if you just the lost signal.

And, if you indeed did do a CSC, that's more proof that you were in control of the phantom the whole time.

That's too bad about the bird. Hopefully some good comes your way.

Here is the deal. Every time I fly I calibrate,compass and ensure I have safe to fly. If there is the slightest issue I don't take off. Plain and simple dji has screwed these drones up with shotty firmware. There are other forums and groups having the exact issue. Cdronefly I'm not saying the logs created anything. What I'm saying is wmeither firmware sent a signal Or something within made the signal appear. In not in anyway stating a log created anything. After all a log records and that is it. And they should,look into it especially,when they Are having multiple complaints with this issue. Kinda funny after the update that I had issues another update came right behind it. Or am I being a conspiracy theoroligist

My brand new P3P also just fell out of sky from about 50ft.. I'm just going to jump in here cause I'm brand new to this site and this thread matches me almost exactly. Unlike the previous guy mine was under full control with Std.GPS/P-mode setting showing on my tablet/DJI Go App. This was my second flight. My first flight about 10 minutes, alt. 10 ft max. During this flight it appeared to have glitched. That's the best term I can use as I've been in R/C for 30+ years and for a split second it it made an audible noise and violently jerked backwards. I was in forward motion at the time. This happened in a matter of a second then it went back to hover under complete control. probably should have boxed it right back up then and took it back to the store. Hindsight is always 20/20. Second flight <2 min. I was moving about 3ft/sec it made an audible squawk noise and just fell out of the sky. I also must add that new out of the box it required an IMU calibration,which after finding the online tutorial I performed it and an Auto Gimble Calibration too as recommended. Seem to me New Out Of Box it should have been ready to go. Anyway I'm praying DJI will respond to my e-mail positively as I cannot afford to burn $1,000. The base to the camera gimble snapped is the only physical damage noted and busted props. Internally its any ones guess. It did record the entire flight until ground impact. Any response appreciated. I noticed guys talking about accessing flight log from tablet. How do I do this? I've been watching tutorial after tutorial on my drone and there is just so much to this thing other than tutorials, sites like these and youtube I'd be freaking clueless. Impossible I did a CSC as I was flying using right stick only at the time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl