P3P Fell out of the sky

Reaction score
I was flying my P3P and it lost signal, and returned to home. The app showed no signal at the top, but I could still control the gimbal, and maybe the aircraft, I didn't try the joysticks. I shut the aircraft off, and turned it back on and it worked again. After flying for about 5 minutes, the propellers just stopped, and it fell about 15-20 feet from the sky and landed hard on the front right arm. It bent the frame just behind the arm and the metal casing of the motor came off. All the propellers were still attached. When I went to pick up my drone, the power was still on, so that confused me. I didn't pull the sticks down and in either, I know that is a way to start/stop the motors. The battery was fully charged when I started, and was about 75% after the restart of the drone. I checked the flight record and everything was good as far as I can tell.
The warranty seems kind of confusing and I don't know if it falls under the "Following situations are not subject to warranty service conditions" since it was a crash, but it was out of my control. How can I go about this situation? I have only had the drone for 4 months.

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here so we can take a look and try to help you figure out what happened.

As for getting your Phantom fixed under warranty, the only thing you can do is contact DJI and send it in for repair. DJI will review the internal flight log and determine whether or not it'll be covered under warranty.

What happened near the very end of your flight? When your log stops, it shows your Phantom was 74 feet in the air.

Looks like you did a CSC in flight that caused shutdown and crash. At least that's what comes up from the txt log. Below the last 30 seconds of the flight played in Dashware
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As a new user, that video makes me nervous. Didn't realize how easy it is to do a CSC in flight. To me that looks like playing around in the sky, something I was doing yesterday. My flight was rather smooth but if I decide to have fun like that, I could be in trouble.

If the OP plays back the flight log on his device with the "stick view" active he should see the CSC there. Correct?

As a new user, that video makes me nervous. Didn't realize how easy it is to do a CSC in flight. To me that looks like playing around in the sky, something I was doing yesterday. My flight was rather smooth but if I decide to have fun like that, I could be in trouble.
If you jerk the sticks around like the proverbial crazy chimp, CSC is easy.
But it's nothing that you'll ever get close to in normal flight.

Reactions: Helraiser
Side note to this issue. My p3 s shows a csc in midair. Now I can tell you I did not do a csc. Matter of fact I took my tablet off the controller and to try and see it better in shade while keeping remote within a few feet. The entire time I had no control,during rth, no signal, and a black screen with na throughout everything. Beyond confused. After mine crashed I turned it on, still no signal. Na etc. Well sent to dji and they show replacing all physical parts, but have yet to say anything about signal issue. Claim you have to pay for them to look into this. All they look at is the black box for fl. Spent an hour explaining to the lady what I just said and she finally told,me,a supervisor will contact me.

No signal, as in no video signal on your screen? If so, that's different. You still have control over the bird. Cancel the rth or flip it to atti and bring it in visually.

No signal as in no video, no elevation, no map tracking and,no use of controller. Wierdest thing I ever seen, but bird was returning to home, but shut down about 60 feet above rth. I didn't even have controller in ✋

Does anyone know how to get dji to look deeper into an issue. They are going by flight data which shows a csc. Fine by me except they have yet to find the root cause. They claim A,csc occured. Funny thing is I didn't even have controller in my,hand or signal,to craft. They are Replacing physical things and claim they cannot look into the signal issue until after fixing the physical items. Well the items they are fixing have nothing to do with signal. Claiming the only way to test drone is fixing a shell, landing gear and gimble parts. Needless to say my experience with them on a customer service level is declining rapidly

They claim A,csc occured. Funny thing is I didn't even have controller in my,hand or signal,to craft.
Do you have your TXT flight log? If so, please post it here.

They are supposed to send me mine off of the drone. There is not one on my tablet. I guess there was no signal therefore nothing was saved to djigo

I told them I don't doubt a csc because the motors did,stop around 60 feet on rth, but the csc did not come from myself or controller.

There is not one on my tablet. I guess there was no signal therefore nothing was saved to djigo
There was no signal for the entire flight? That's odd.

Let me rephrase. Flight started off correct with signal. 2 or 3 minutes into flight everything went to ****. Nothing shows up in my flight log on tablet like all of my other flights. The only thing I can think of is firmware issues. That is the only variable. More info on above post by myself. I'm not an expert on everything going on, but I know enough to say that there are other ways to troubleshoot the situation. My biggest complaint is they want me to pay for physical damage before looking into signal issue. I told them I didn't have an issue with this if they would refund of they found an issue with signal. Their answer was no. Hence the reason I asked for them to verify (not fix) signal issue first. Their reply was that's not how we do things.

It's a shame you don't have a copy of the internal flight log. It would in fact confirm if you did a CSC or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic