P3P 2.7K

Reaction score
Is there any chance that DJI would release a firmware update that would allow the P3P to shoot in 2.7K? I would love this simply for the fact that my computer cannot handle 4K and it would hopefully allow for at least 45fps instead of 30.

2.7k has been on there already for the past two FW releases at least.

What version do you have installed? You need 1.5.3 I believe?

2.7k has been on there already for the past two FW releases at least.

What version do you have installed? You need 1.5.3 I believe?

Really? I have the latest FW, but I don't see anything that is in between 4K and 1080. 3840x2160p is the only in between and that's 4K.

I'm currently on version 1.5.3 and 2.7k @ 30fps is clearly in the video camera menu settings..

It's in Android only, another (not very good) reason to go Android.
You need a recent version of the app too.

I'm on P3P with ios - with latest fw & 2.7k is certainly there. Thats what I record in now as it plays well on my old pc

Hmm guess I had a weird bug, because I reset and it's showing up now! Thanks all!

Is there any chance that DJI would release a firmware update that would allow the P3P to shoot in 2.7K? I would love this simply for the fact that my computer cannot handle 4K and it would hopefully allow for at least 45fps instead of 30.
Well Molokai, your main question has been answered. So I hope you've been making lots of 2.7k videos in the last week!
Just to add some support to your wish to use the weird intermediate 2.7k resolution: Because the bitrate on the Phantom is restricted to 60Mbps, 4k adds very little quality above 2.7k.
The extra resolution is a bit of an illusion - just as when we look back at the image quality of early HD cameras and HD TVs we now realise that the picture resolution is not truly HD. For the next generation I am sure 4k will be a major improvement, but for now 2.7k is about as good as it gets on the Phantom.
I hope that the video below makes it clear how the pixel quality drops off as the resolution increases. You will have to run the 1080 HD stream on a large screen to see the differences.
Sadly even on the highest quality HD stream the Youtube compression blurs the comparison. In reality the HD and 2.7k shots have less artifacts than you will see.
I am sure there will be some differing view in this forum on this comparison. And I look forward to hearing them!

Last edited:
Reactions: Molokai
Well Molokai, your main question has been answered. So I hope you've been making lots of 2.7k videos in the last week!
Just to add some support to your wish to use the weird intermediate 2.7k resolution: Because the bitrate on the Phantom is restricted to 60Mbps, 4k adds very little quality above 2.7k.
The extra resolution is a bit of an illusion - just as when we look back at the image quality of early HD cameras and HD TVs we now realise that the picture resolution is not truly HD. For the next generation I am sure 4k will be a major improvement, but for now 2.7k is about as good as it gets on the Phantom.
I hope that the video below makes it clear how the pixel quality drops off as the resolution increases. You will have to run the 1080 HD stream on a large screen to see the differences.
Sadly even on the highest quality HD stream the Youtube compression blurs the comparison. In reality the HD and 2.7k shots have less artifacts than you will see.
I am sure there will be some differing view in this forum on this comparison. And I look forward to hearing them!

Thanks for the information!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl