P3A Video glitches after 1.5 FW Update.

Reaction score
Hi, first of all I would like to thank all of you, great forum, a lot of info and ive gotten fixes and doubts fixed/ cleared after going around here. Nice website and nice people!

Ok, I've had my P3A for atleast 3 months now.. ive flied atleast 20-30 times.. some for 20-23 minutes straight and 1.5k 2km away (maxed distance). I always had video lag around the 800-900meter mark but for a couple of seconds then it gets back smoothly I used to use my Samsung S5. Never updated the drone/rc/battery. Never had a problem besides those 2-3 seconds of video lag.

Fast forward to yesterday. i was about to sell my phantom 3 A to buy the inspire1, but my wonderful GF gave me for bday present a huge phantom 3 case. Loved it! So i said, fk it, ill buy 2 batteries and ill stay with this... so i did.

Now, yesterday night i decided to finally update EVERYTHING, so I did... I wont lie, i was scared as hell but i really wanted that 2.7k.. i updated everything to 1.3.2 then to 1.5...
Everything looked smooth in my room... not sure if the batteries updated but i doubt it, either way i tried updating all 3 of them... So here comes today... infront of my house ive flied atleast 15 times so ive never had this problem before...

First I checked each battery that they worked well, immediatly video kinda lags for a while, i guess it warms up and it works fine for a while, but all im doing is hovering around, watching the voltages if they twitch a lot, or if the battery drain fast... im just testing this 2 new batteries since im afraid of the, its an expensive state of an art not so much toy that i own, so yeah i tested it for a bit.

I decided to fly away from me, i wasnt even 40meters away and video lagged i got scared and brought my drone back.

I did EVERYTHING Ive always done, NOTHING was new nothing changed, no new car in the street, no nothing.. Well 1 thing changed, the **** cruiser port next to my house i reported their NoFlyZone was inmense covered my house so apperently they had to reduce it just to their small circle... 1 for us boys... !

Anyway, anyone else had this problem already? Should I go back to 1.3? Or maybe 1.4 since it seems thats the only one to go back to...

Im very very sorry my english is bad, not my native language.

TY in advance! Whether you answer or not, somewhere somehow you already helped a couple of times :d

Yo, Video lag issues are likely not firmware related. Are you still using the S5? I would experiment with your mobile device settings first before rolling back firmware. Lots of info on the forums regarding video lag. It would be easier - for me - if you did a search on here. The GO app needs most of your device's processing power. So many things can affect the video connection, WIFI, airplane mode, USB debugging, video cache, Google play services, ect....

Yo, Video lag issues are likely not firmware related. Are you still using the S5? I would experiment with your mobile device settings first before rolling back firmware. Lots of info on the forums regarding video lag. It would be easier - for me - if you did a search on here. The GO app needs most of your device's processing power. So many things can affect the video connection, WIFI, airplane mode, USB debugging, video cache, Google play services, ect....

I used the IPAD Mini 2, its brand new, 3 days old and has no apps downlaoded but basics... Later today ill make tests im kinda afraid tbh... also its a WiFi version, no internet or gps is my guess, ill use hotspot with my cellphone... also when i used to fly with my Samsung S5 i used to have it in airplane mode.

Also i dont know what version i had prior the 1.3.2 in my controller, does it matter that i jumped immediatly to the 1.3.2?

I used the IPAD Mini 2, its brand new, 3 days old and has no apps downlaoded but basics... Later today ill make tests im kinda afraid tbh... also its a WiFi version, no internet or gps is my guess, ill use hotspot with my cellphone... also when i used to fly with my Samsung S5 i used to have it in airplane mode.

Also i dont know what version i had prior the 1.3.2 in my controller, does it matter that i jumped immediatly to the 1.3.2?
Just to confirm, are all your updates current? Should be bird FW 1.5.3, RC FW 1.5.7 and GO app 2.4.2. If up to date, try uninstalling GO app and reinstalling. then test. If that doesn't help check your video transfer bit rate, set to 4mbps,test. No, it doesn't matter on the 1.3.2 to 1.5.7 (I assume that's what you mean) Test without your phone tethered to the mini

BTW - What is a cruiser port?

Last edited:
Just to confirm, are all your updates current? Should be bird FW 1.5.3, RC FW 1.5.7 and GO app 2.4.2. If up to date, try uninstalling GO app and reinstalling. then test. If that doesn't help check your video transfer bit rate, set to 4mbps,test. No, it doesn't matter on the 1.3.2 to 1.5.7 (I assume that's what you mean) Test without your phone tethered to the mini

BTW - What is a cruiser port?

I had a hotel to film a couple of days ago, i had NO lag at all, i guess its the 32 to 8 channel video something or whatever people are saying its in the new 1.5.7 fw...

ALSO i made a test, my P3A went up to 3,200 meters to the sea... wonder if thats normal.. never went further than 1,200m

So far update is good and drone is good...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor