P3A Crashed, need info

Reaction score
My phantom 3 hit the pavement from 300'. I did not have an sd card loaded, so can I get data from the internals? If so please direct me to a link explaining this. Battery was at 100%. The fall from the sky had the earmarks of a lost prop. Thanks for any info.

There are two flight logs you can view. See this link for instructions on retrieving the TXT flight log from your mobile device. Or, this link for instructions on retrieving the internal DAT flight log. Flight logs are not stored on the memory card in the gimbal, so it does not matter whether or not it's in your Phantom.

There are two flight logs you can view. See this link for instructions on retrieving the TXT flight log from your mobile device. Or, this link for instructions on retrieving the internal DAT flight log. Flight logs are not stored on the memory card in the gimbal, so it does not matter whether or not it's in your Phantom.
I'm getting an error message saying I can only download txt logs or Litchi CSV logs.

What exactly are you trying to do?

What exactly are you trying to do?
Download any info that may point to the cause of the crash from the bird. I have tried your info without much luck. when I browse a pop up asks Camera, camcorder or documents. When I select documents all I get is a jpeg from the flight.

If it was a lost prop, there would be a prop completely missing from the scene of the crash. If that's the case, the dat/log files would only be confirmatory. Since you said it had all the earmarks of that, was there a prop missing when you recovered it?

If it was a lost prop, there would be a prop completely missing from the scene of the crash. If that's the case, the dat/log files would only be confirmatory. Since you said it had all the earmarks of that, was there a prop missing when you recovered it?
Yes, there was a prop missing when I recovered the aircraft. I have yet to find it.

Download any info that may point to the cause of the crash from the bird. I have tried your info without much luck. when I browse a pop up asks Camera, camcorder or documents. When I select documents all I get is a jpeg from the flight.

Regardless of what device you are running the GO app from, the txt file needed is located here:
"DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord"

Once you open the FlightRecord folder, scroll towards the bottom to locate the flight you want help with. That file will look similar to this:
"DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-23_[19-22-40].txt"

When you select the Browse... button from the www.phantomhelp.com website, it is the similar looking file mentioned above that you are searching for. Which again is located in the:
"DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord" folder.

Regardless of what device you are running the GO app from, the txt file needed is located here:
"DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord"

Once you open the FlightRecord folder, scroll towards the bottom to locate the flight you want help with. That file will look similar to this:
"DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-23_[19-22-40].txt"

When you select the Browse... button from the www.phantomhelp.com website, it is the similar looking file mentioned above that you are searching for. Which again is located in the:
"DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord" folder.

I have reached the end of my rope in finding the so called flight logs. I have done the "browse" thing to no avail and have resigned myself to sending the **** thing to DJI and trusting them to make a decision on my fate. I lost the aircraft running litchi and all I hear is about dji go. I have been using a computer since the early 90's and this situation has rendered me a blithering idiot like no other. When searching for CSV I get "no files found".

Are you sure flying these aircraft is a good fit for you?

M1shootr, if you would list the steps you're trying in great detail, it would be easier to understand where you're getting stuck. For example, telling us that you "did the browse thing" is less helpful than explaining exactly what you see on your screen, what you clicked, what you saw after clicking, what you expected to see, etc.

Oh, so I get a slam . Thanks for your totally worthless input. Just like many, you offer a barb instead of ideas. I have been a licensed Commercial pilot for over 20 years, and received my private pilot license in 1972. Just because I can't retrieve a non existant file on this system I get your sarcasm.

Come on now..be nice. My dad is a 777 captain, but he still has trouble with his iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have reached the end of my rope in finding the so called flight logs. I have done the "browse" thing to no avail and have resigned myself to sending the **** thing to DJI and trusting them to make a decision on my fate. I lost the aircraft running litchi and all I hear is about dji go. I have been using a computer since the early 90's and this situation has rendered me a blithering idiot like no other. When searching for CSV I get "no files found".
I think you're probably looking in the wrong place. The P3's internal .DAT file is obtained by plugging the USB connector in the front of the P3's body. You'll access those files through a File Manager, not a browser. Go here to find instructions on retrieving the .DAT.

@Pharm is correct. If you lost or broke a prop the .DAT will only confirm that.

I think you're probably looking in the wrong place. The P3's internal .DAT file is obtained by plugging the USB connector in the front of the P3's body. You'll access those files through a File Manager, not a browser. Go here to find instructions on retrieving the .DAT.

@Pharm is correct. If you lost or broke a prop the .DAT will only confirm that.
Don't have a mini usb to usb connector. The DJI go app is on my cell phone, which requires a mini.

Don't have a mini usb to usb connector. The DJI go app is on my cell phone, which requires a mini.
The aircraft is on it's way to DJI. I had no problems flying this aircraft. The drone performed missions flawlessly. My suspicion of a thrown prop will be answered by DJI. But, what was the cause of a thrown prop? The mission of the fatal crash (1.7 mile round trip) was completed earlier in the day in the same location with the same props that had not been removed.

Oh, so I get a slam . Thanks for your totally worthless input. Just like many, you offer a barb instead of ideas. I have been a licensed Commercial pilot for over 20 years, and received my private pilot license in 1972. Just because I can't retrieve a non existant file on this system I get your sarcasm.

My question to you came based on your post I quoted. It's very rare for someone just starting out to get that jacked up over something that is so common. It's like a race car driver that's not able to put air in the tires.

The file you need is in the device you have the GO app loaded on. You must connect that device to your computer and search for a folder named DJI. Open the DJI folder and locate folder dji.pilot. Open the dji.pilot folder and locate folder FlightRecord. Open folder Flight Record and scroll near the bottom of the page and look for the txt file matching the flight in question. At this point save a copy of that file to a folder on your desktop or any area easy for you to locate later on. Once that step is complete you are finished with the device and can close it and remove it from your PC.

So now that you know the location of your saved txt file, you are now ready to use the Browse... button at https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

If you continue to have trouble getting the file uploaded at phantomhelp, then a easier option would be to just uploaded the txt file to your post in this thread. Next to the Post Reply is a "Upload a File" button.

The instruction are better detailed and should help with getting the file to those of us that can help.

The aircraft is on it's way to DJI. I had no problems flying this aircraft. The drone performed missions flawlessly. My suspicion of a thrown prop will be answered by DJI. But, what was the cause of a thrown prop? The mission of the fatal crash (1.7 mile round trip) was completed earlier in the day in the same location with the same props that had not been removed.

The P3 has something called a Air Brake. If the props are not securely installed, or checked prior to flight to be secure, when you fly along and release stick to neutral, the air brake function may help with spinning a prop off. There is setting with in the GO app that can be adjusted to smooth out any sudden stops.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl