P3 Weatherproof Hardcase - under $40

Reaction score
22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case
  • Built-in O-ring with secure latches prevent water and moisture damage to contents
  • Padlock compatible for additional security
  • Built-in pressure relief valve
  • High-density ABS polymer provides outstanding strength and corrosion resistance
  • External dimensions (L x W x H): 22 1/2 " x 16 1/2" x 8 1/2"
  • Approximate internal Dimensions (L x W x H): 19 1/2" x 13 1/2" x 8"
$46.99 - $17.00 (code A509) + $7.99 shipping = $37.98 to your door.

upload_2015-9-12_10-20-40.png

Last edited:
its not clear if the case includes the foam insert cut to phantom 3 size, and no pics of the P3 in it

I have this case for my p1. It's awesome. But to clarify the foam is only pick and pluck on one of the 3 layers. The others you need to cut with a razor.

When the pick and pull foam starts to break down and fall apart... and it will, you'll get nice tiny foam pieces inside your motors. I'm sure that won't hurt the motors.

Hope $40 is worth it.

A P3 would be a pretty tight fit height-wise in that case. I had my P2V in a similar case also advertised to be 8.5" outside, 8" inside, and decided it was too tight for my P3A - no room for padding. Ended up getting one of those cheap backpacks off ebay.

When the pick and pull foam starts to break down and fall apart... and it will, you'll get nice tiny foam pieces inside your motors. I'm sure that won't hurt the motors.

Hope $40 is worth it.

I've read that some people spray the foam with something to keep it intact.
[Edit: Plasti-dip]

I usually use an inexpensive backpack to carry my P3 but thought that there might be a time or two that I could use a hard case. I can't see spending $200 for something I'd use a few times.

It is an option.

Last edited:
Reactions: JBG
I have this as well for my P1. Works awesome for the price but I agree I don't think it would work with the P3.

I just got mine for $50 shipped to the house! Took awhile to get foam cut but my P3a fits perfectly! It's a tight fit. If you do not properly get the bottom foam cut perfectly your P3 will not fit with props on. So far so good for me!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442969999.460240.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442970014.854113.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442970436.547500.jpg

Cool. <- just wrote that so I can find this later. :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl