Drone Crates Phantom 3 Case (discount inside)

Just wanted to let everyone know all the backorders will ship out tomorrow. :cool:

Also we will be starting Preorders on the Backpacks next week as well as should have our 3DR Solo cases available for sale & shipment.

Those of you that have one of these (or other similar cases), do you leave the props on while closing the cover?

Just got my case from Drone Crates this week and I'm very satisfied with the quality, strength, and layout.

@Kris@DroneCrates
Curious to know when we can expect to see pictures of the backpack!

@sclabrl
It's a nice snug fit with the props on and as far as I can tell, the foam doesn't push the prop tops.

Just got my case from Drone Crates this week and I'm very satisfied with the quality, strength, and layout.

@Kris@DroneCrates
Curious to know when we can expect to see pictures of the backpack!

@sclabrl
It's a nice snug fit with the props on and as far as I can tell, the foam doesn't push the prop tops.

If things go as planned we should have them posted this weekend. :cool:

Those of you that have one of these (or other similar cases), do you leave the props on while closing the cover?
I normally take them off. I was a bit concerned with how much the foam on the lid pushes down on the props, so I feel more comfortable with removing them if I am not planning to fly for a couple of days. If its a short time, I'm okay to leave them on. I have in fact been thinking about carving out a bit of the foam on the lid just so I can leave the props on and not worry about it. I admit that I may be over cautious, but I do see them bending down as I close the lid.

Kris - question for you. I was a bit bummed that I could not charge the RC without pulling it out of the case. I don't notice that it ever gets warm while charging, so if it's considered safe to do, perhaps cut the foam for the RC so that the charging port is facing up. If it's not safe to charge this way, then of course disregard!

Also, I'd love to have some sort of cover for that larger opening just below the RC. That way I can put things in it such as a small card reader or that small screwdriver tool that comes with the mount and not fear that anything will come out of that slot and rattle around inside the case. Just a thought.

Cheers!

Kris - question for you. I was a bit bummed that I could not charge the RC without pulling it out of the case. I don't notice that it ever gets warm while charging, so if it's considered safe to do, perhaps cut the foam for the RC so that the charging port is facing up. If it's not safe to charge this way, then of course disregard!

Also, I'd love to have some sort of cover for that larger opening just below the RC. That way I can put things in it such as a small card reader or that small screwdriver tool that comes with the mount and not fear that anything will come out of that slot and rattle around inside the case. Just a thought.

Cheers!

Great feedback! I'll look into both points for sure.

I'd really like to get a look at the backpack, any pictures you can send, even if they're not ready for the website? I'd like to get some sort of protective case ordered for my P3P tonight or tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31