P3 video of the approaching shadow of the eclipse

I obtained this footage of the approaching shadow of the 2017 eclipse at Boysen Reservoir near Riverton, Wyoming:

Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Great video!!!!

I laughed outloud at the people taking pictures with their camera flash on...... Even the boat did it......

I was not in total eclipse area and it was cloudy so no good pics. Was driving down a Federal hiway and came upon a couple and their three little kids standing in the middle of the hiway with stupid eclipse glasses on looking up at the clouds. I had to slow and drive on the shoulder to get around them. Humans.......

Not drone footage, but I also got video of the eclipse with my Sony HDR-HC5. It didn't come out very well, but you can hear the drone 120 meters above. It is posted here...

YouTube

I thought about positioning the drone so that it would appear in the field of view, but it was already too complicated for an eclipse that lasted for only a few minutes. While observing totality, I saw stars and then noticed what appeared to be an aircraft just off to the side. Duh! It was the drone! It was the first time I had seen the drone in darkness, and I wasn't aware the lights were so bright! Sure wish it had appeared in the video!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak