@Stephenellis2000, @bkdough

Welcome to the Forum!

This problem is getting busy again,

I have 3 new book marks in the last two days. :rolleyes:

Please follow this link
Standard - Drone RC looses signal after just 70m and returns to HP

And the links I provided on this post.
Standard - Drone RC looses signal after just 70m and returns to HP

I have over 40 book marks now, there is a few that I never got saved, because I was ether using my laptop, or my garage computer.

To many computers, devices, and browsers.

This is list of bookmarks are only related to poor remote control signal, none are poor video or telemetry.

I have watching this subject for 20 months.

I have never seen anybody fix this problem other than sending to DJI :eek:

Rod

Thanks rod and sandman.. From what I can gather It seems that this mostly occurred after a firmware update between 1.5 and 1.6 .and we can no longer roll back to either of them as far as I'm aware. As I say stopping short of opening the drone and remote up to check hardware (ive worked In Electronics) I've tried everything to sort this... Except the magic power mod... So this is my next to last resort...
Kindest regards
Steve
Great forum by the way!!!

The second time the last time, the roll back in the app just came an option, so I got brave an tried the fw with no errors.

The next flight, I could tell I had the same problem again. Go to do the roll back, app now told me there was no firmware to downgrade, it was there 24 hrs before that. :mad:

After a few months I gave up and sent it in again. While it was in for repair another FW update came out. I get the Phantom back didn't have the newest firmware. I have posted the ticket that shows what they replaced a couple of times on this forum and they sent back a different remote. I take pictures of all the numbers before I send them off.

Soon after I got back, which it working like it should. They added or it was found the option to use the SD card to install the FW.
I never updated the firmware, I just ignored the message.

The Standard is no longer in service, the short story. I was running a mission and few trees above my house upper part of the mission are over 200'. It got stuck about 190' in a 220' tree.

The Pines and Dougs close to my house are 100' to 125'. For three years I have had my RTH set at 200' when I fly near my house. :rolleyes:
I could pick up the Marco polo in my garage with the garage door closed. :rolleyes:

Between 4:00 pm on April 1st and 4:00 pm April 2nd it fell out of the tree.
No fooling. :rolleyes:

Counting the battery the Phantom is now in five pieces. :eek:

Rod

The second time the last time, the roll back in the app just came an option, so I got brave an tried the fw with no errors.

The next flight, I could tell I had the same problem again. Go to do the roll back, app now told me there was no firmware to downgrade, it was there 24 hrs before that. :mad:

After a few months I gave up and sent it in again. While it was in for repair another FW update came out. I get the Phantom back didn't have the newest firmware. I have posted the ticket that shows what they replaced a couple of times on this forum and they sent back a different remote. I take pictures of all the numbers before I send them off.

Soon after I got back, which it working like it should. They added or it was found the option to use the SD card to install the FW.
I never updated the firmware, I just ignored the message.

The Standard is no longer in service, the short story. I was running a mission and few trees above my house upper part of the mission are over 200'. It got stuck about 190' in a 220' tree.

The Pines and Dougs close to my house are 100' to 125'. For three years I have had my RTH set at 200' when I fly near my house. :rolleyes:
I could pick up the Marco polo in my garage with the garage door closed. :rolleyes:

Between 4:00 pm on April 1st and 4:00 pm April 2nd it fell out of the tree.
No fooling. :rolleyes:

Counting the battery the Phantom is now in five pieces. :eek:

Rod
Sorry to hear that. This is why is very important that before any flight make sure you know your path that the aircraft will take. Make sure RTH is safe and make sure a proper calibration has been done.

Sorry to hear that. This is why is very important that before any flight make sure you know your path that the aircraft will take. Make sure RTH is safe and make sure a proper calibration has been done.
I agree with your reply, if all would have been possible it would have been done, it was my own risk, 200' instead of 300'
RTH set height would not have been a factor in this mistake.

Drone stuck in 125 ft tree
And the mission.
Mission Hub - Litchi

Rod

OK time for an update :- did the power magic update yesterday... First flight today.. And I've gotta say that there has been a definite increase in range... Got it out to about 300 mtr no problem then bottled it and r.t.h.(this was the furthest I'd EVER been out) will try and get out again tomorrow and I'll report back but so far so good... Happy days.. May have the chance of a p3p so all this may be irrelevant in the future as i won't need the p3s but I thought I'd share my findings all the same... Thanks for listening
Steve

Reactions: RodPad
I've had my P3S for a few months now and right out of the box I updated the firmware. It's advertised to be able to fly about 3000 ft away. I have tried in multiple areas to achieve such a distance but the farthest I've made is about 900 feet before it returns home. I built a windsurfer antenna and got close to 1500, but this is nowhere near the 3000 it should get as is.

Is there something more I can do? Change any settings? Or is this just how it's going to be?
You are lucky, I got a 'weak RC signal' at 250 feet today in a country park. The nearest building were about 1/2 mile away, though I did see phone towers just under 1 mile away.

I just don't get it. I do my best to use it away from urban areas, and get 'electromagnetic interference' warnings everywhere - even in a rural field.

I had to return my first Phantom 3 Standard weeks ago, after it lost radio contact at about 65 feet (in a field, out of town.)

I was using my first Phantom 3 Sr
I'm having the same problem ...

I was using my first Phantom 3 Standard (returned to shop) in a very similar type of location to your video. Lost signal at only 65 feet and it more or less immediately returned home. I don't know if I panicked for a moment or it went into ATTI mode, but for a few moments I felt I had lost control of it.

One thing is different about my situation though - I got electromagenetic warnings with my 1st and 2nd Phantom. Was flying my new one today and it was still giving warnings in an very remote area, but managed to take it to 400 feet (max limit,) without losing signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl