P3 standard motor breaking % -

Reaction score
Out of the box the breaks are set to 100%

What do you have yours set to?

Is 100% required and will it effect stability if I turn it down to say 50 or 70?

As you decrease the brake setting, your Phantom will coast more as it comes to a stop. After adjusting it, make sure you're above all trees and other obstacles so you can test it out.

It's more of the difference between slamming on the brakes, and gently applying the brakes, at 50% it should not
drift endlessly, but the time it takes to get from current speed to stop will be increased by 50%. So how far it takes
to stop will depend on how fast you're going. Big field, no trees... try it. It smooths out video footage when
transitioning from moving to a stop.

I've left it to factory defaults(100%) on my standard, and I've developed a stress crack at the rear motor. I thought the standard had the reinforced shell....I'll be turning mine down to 50 or 75 going forward 100% is more aggressive than it needs to be much for aggressive than I fly. Makes the jello effect really bad for a couple seconds I'm sure as the camera vibrates.

I'm going to see if Sam's club will do a refund/exchange just to get back in the sky faster I've only had it a couple months. I did send DJI a message and they said if I sent photos receipt etc. they would get it fixed or replaced, and that average service time was 2 weeks. Sounds reasonable I've read horror stores of it taking months though.

I've left it to factory defaults(100%) on my standard, and I've developed a stress crack at the rear motor. I thought the standard had the reinforced shell....I'll be turning mine down to 50 or 75 going forward 100% is more aggressive than it needs to be much for aggressive than I fly. Makes the jello effect really bad for a couple seconds I'm sure as the camera vibrates.

I'm going to see if Sam's club will do a refund/exchange just to get back in the sky faster I've only had it a couple months. I did send DJI a message and they said if I sent photos receipt etc. they would get it fixed or replaced, and that average service time was 2 weeks. Sounds reasonable I've read horror stores of it taking months though.
Sorry to hear that.. I know the feeling though

My first p3s started to crack after the first gentle 5 min flight.

I got a refund and bought one from another dealer.

I've turned mine down to 70, I don't think it will go any lower in the latest DJI go app.

First I heard of that. Where do you turn this setting down at?

Your correct 250 70% is as low as it goes and have mine at that . Still don't see much difference at all with it there but did set it there .
Really don't drift much more at all compared to 100% and wish it did go to 50%.
I've been watching for those cracks and so far knock on wood I'm good after 165 hard flights .

Reactions: 250Flyer
Your correct 250 70% is as low as it goes and have mine at that . Still don't see much difference at all with it there but did set it there .
Really don't drift much more at all compared to 100% and wish it did go to 50%.
I've been watching for those cracks and so far knock on wood I'm good after 165 hard flights .

Yeah, now we know for sure :)

Wow 165 flights that's impressive!!

What case do you use for your p3?

I really need one but I don't want to pay silly money

Yeah, now we know for sure :)

Wow 165 flights that's impressive!!

What case do you use for your p3?

I really need one but I don't want to pay silly money
1,836,557'.lol I fly everyday for distance and I just put it in the floorboard of my truck but do use a LowePro .
lopo.jpg I never go far here so that works great and got it for 70 bucks at Christmas .They were on special . Around 100 bucks
normally :)

Do you also carry that tree stump around too? Maybe as a landing/launch pad? LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart