P3 series to discontinue?

Reaction score
Not sure if this is true or not maybe someone else can confirm it. But the p3s , p3A and p3p & 4k to be discontinued ?
Not sure why p3A and up as they aren't that outdated.

Sent from my SM-S820L using PhantomPilots mobile app

If that is true I don't know why, they still sell plenty. I guess they have 3 overlapping models (maybe even 4 soon if they release a P5) and wanted to rationalize the range but then there would be nothing at the lower price point and those sales would go elsewhere,

Well my outdated tech flew 3.5kms out and 3.5kms back on thursday.
Still loving it :)

Reactions: Varming
DJI has stopped selling the P34K, but that's not really news. That model never really took off.

It was a bit of an odd ball one, just showing no stock on it.

Never saw the point of the 3K standard other than as a very base entry machine.

Looks like the P3 advanced and Pro are no longer available other than as a spare part.

They are still available but are not being produced any longer. Would it make any difference if you were thinking of buying either model?

Not available direct anymore. But loads of stock out there in dealers.

I am still very happy with my P3A, as I think I said up a bit that I flew mine 3.5km each way thursday, really enjoyed flight, could have gone further as I was still seeing full bars on signal strength.

If I was buying new first time today, not sure......
Sometimes it pays to get last years model. Unless there is some must have feature.

What do you mean by "Sometimes it pays to get last years model". What is last years model?

I was not specifically sighting the Phantom with last years model but the P2 + (plus) is last years model.

But in high tech stuff like a TV or AV Amplifier or home cinema projector I have bought last years model and saved a load of $$$.

The manufactures try to introduce new features and keep the headline price about the same.
All the past Phantoms were around $1000 new when released. Old models dropping in price rapidly.

Reactions: loonie01
I see Robin, now I wonder if the P3P price will start falling!! I just about bought the P3P yesterday, sure glad I didn't".

Yes it will drop, DJI have stopped making the P3P, though the dealers have stock.

I would never suggest keep waiting & waiting otherwise you will wait forever and never have the fun and enjoyment.

The P3P is a fantastic drone and worth the money, is it the right time to purchase, yes and probably at or near the base level of price at some dealers now. But you will have to do some looking around for those that want to clear the inventory with the mavic filling the shelves by the end of the month.

Reactions: loonie01
I had the P3 4K and it was great! Until it went for a swim on Maui and immediately destroyed it. The video was great but the low def iPad video made it difficult see things while flying. The distance was ok. I could go about 1 mile line of sight but as soon as anything, I mean anything, it wouldn't go very far. I have since purchased a used P3P from eBay and have it for 3 months and love it.

I could swear that when I was on DJI last night to order a battery from their sale, that they only offer the P3S. They HAVE to offer something in that price range or, like the other poster said, the sales will go elsewhere. Although there isn't very many places to go in that price range and functionality.

Edit: Just verified that they only offer P3S on their site.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

(...)
Edit: Just verified that they only offer P3S on their site.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I've checked right now Jan 7th, 2017 @ 11pm GMT and they discontinued in deed selling the P3-4K, while for P3P are recommending the P4P.
All rest meaning P3S and P3A are still on sale, even larger offers, like refurbished units, or just the Aircraft itself with a battery (no RC & charger). Obviously an offer for those of us who crashed their P3.

Last edited:
DJI has stopped selling the P34K, but that's not really news. That model never really took off.
You mean it just sort of sat there and buzzed frantically without actually flying!! Well I guess the upside is you would never prang or loose it and the battery life would be fantastic. The downside, well that list is a bit longer. No wonder DJI didn't sell many!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94