Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3: ROTORS INOP

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Don Kaltenbach, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Don Kaltenbach

Just received new P3 direct from DJI. Followed check-out procedure on DJI website. ROTOR MOTORS DO NOT OPERATE. Many attempts to contact Product Support to resolve issue or return unit. Near zero response. Finally had a very brief contact with rep. He advised I should download and install latest Firmware. That will be accomplished tomorrow. Has anyone had a similar problem with the rotors and how was it corrected? Thanks!

Don..........................

2. damitjim

Did you register via the app? Motors won't start until you register the bird

3. Julius717

did you activate it through the app?

4. Don Kaltenbach

No I did not. That may be the cause. Thanks for the info! Don...............

5. Don Kaltenbach

I've been registered with DJI since the date the order was filed. I have since looked at the DJI Pilot app and there is nothing mentioned about registration. Nor is it mentioned in the pamphlets that were sent with the product. Any specific suggestions where I should look for the form to register the "bird"? Thanks!

6. Terry Lewis

You activate within the DJI Pilot App. Scroll to about 5:00 in this video and you'll see the activation:

Also take a look at http://www.phantomhelp.com/ and check out the How-Tos & Videos