Video Decoder Encryption Error

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 Pro, purchased 12/2015, with 2 hours of flight time, now shows this error, followed with,
"Hardware Malfunction, Contact DJI Support". I contacted support first via "chat". They told me there was
nothing they could do for me, to call DJI Support via phone. That was my second step. They advised that I would receive an email directing me where to send the drone and RC for repairs, and a printable call tag would be included. An email was sent to me asking my name address, purchase date, etc. I immediately filled out their request, replied. 3 days has past, and no further response from them. I sent additional emails via their Support email. Again, no response what so ever.
Best Buy, where I purchased the drone, said I had to deal with DJI. They would not stand behind the warranty aspect. They advised it was a manufacturer warranty.
I'm at a loss here. Has anyone else had similar malfunction error's, and if so, are they able to be corrected
without sending everything out for repairs?

Sorry for your troubles.

I couldn't help with the error (never experienced that).

Here is another thread with the Video Decoder Malfunction keywords:
Video won't play on iPad now

I would call the DJI phone number again.
Their reaction time varies. Persistence will get you taken care of.

Would you please post back on here so your experience helps others in the future?

And I see this was your first post. Welcome!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20