P3 Propellers stripped

I don't tighten the P3 props any more than I did my P2, the P3 has a double torque speed 'bump' at start up to insure the props are secure. 41 flights as of yesterday and the props are fine, they come off after each flight as the foam in the case is very dense, making the lid hard to close with the props on. At $6 a pair I am not going to *****, if you ever flew a real A/C and had a A&E Tech charge you $500 for a $90 alternator just because if was 'certified' you wouldn't gripe either. I have never had to use the provided wrench to remove the props as just holding the motor works just fine, and is faster.

90+ flights. Stock props. Take them on snd off probably 150 times. Still work great.

Crying over 6$ props. And so what a battery is 150$ that's actually relatively cheap for a 4s battery.
I agree, hobbies are not cheap, never have been, if you can't afford it don't play, if you can then don't gripe as you made the choice.

Reactions: Julius717
I don't tighten the P3 props any more than I did my P2, the P3 has a double torque speed 'bump' at start up to insure the props are secure. 41 flights as of yesterday and the props are fine, they come off after each flight as the foam in the case is very dense, making the lid hard to close with the props on. At $6 a pair I am not going to *****, if you ever flew a real A/C and had a A&E Tech charge you $500 for a $90 alternator just because if was 'certified' you wouldn't gripe either. I have never had to use the provided wrench to remove the props as just holding the motor works just fine, and is faster.
I never used the wrench. I'm naming the wrench because its there if we need it to take the propellers off. If I never used the wrench that means obviously I'm not tightnening the props "too tight". Im not bitching at the $6. Its more of a hasle to order these little parts all the time off the internet. Same thing with the batteries. After seeing so many people complaining about the supply and demand problems with shipping right now. Thats just another headache I have to go through.

Lol.

I never used the wrench. I'm naming the wrench because its there if we need it to take the propellers off. If I never used the wrench that means obviously I'm not tightnening the props "too tight". Im not bitching at the $6. Its more of a hasle to order these little parts all the time off the internet. Same thing with the batteries. After seeing so many people complaining about the supply and demand problems with shipping right now. Thats just another headache I have to go through.
Just order 16 of them (props) on Amazon Prime and you'll have em in 2 days and then re-order when you get low. Problem solved. ;)

That one stripped or faulty composite rotor blade, is the only one I have heard about. At least in here or on http://forum.dji.com/forum-68-1.html
So it must be a very rare bird indeed. I never checked heli-freak.com yet, or any of those several other popular RC forum websites.
Perhaps list it on eBay, for somebody will cherish it, much more than thee.
It may be that one flawed blade, that got away from the inspection team...
I would hang it up, with my other hobby souvenirs, you know like the several smashed Robin Hood arrows at $15 a piece, or the old broken hunting knife with the tang busted in two. $80 down the drain. All hobbies cost something to participate. Or it wouldn't be called a hobby. Give it any other name, there is always some cost factor involved.
The cheapest alternative way, is leave it in the box...

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl