P3 prices Australia

Reaction score
Anyone from Aus on here seen the P3's at ridiculous prices?
I have just come across a "clearance price" of $885 for the P3 professional or $669USD for those in the states reading this.
I am tempted to sell my Advanced and take up this deal..The P4 here is Aus is $2,399 so can almost get 3 pro's for the price of 1 P4 lol..

Anyone else upgraded from the Adv to the Pro? Do you think its worth it?
The adv does everything plus more then I will ever need..but this price

I have just come across a "clearance price" of $885 for the P3 professional or $669USD for those in the states reading this.
I am tempted to sell my Advanced and take up this deal..The P4 here is Aus is $2,399 so can almost get 3 pro's for the price of 1 P4 lol..

Before selling your P3A, work out whats cheaper; to sell P3A and buy a new P3P or sell your P3A Gimbal / Cam and buy a new P3P Gimbal/ Cam.Check whats better for you.

I did the second. DJI has drastically reduced prices of Gimbal/ Cams.

I bought my P3s for not much less than that from Jonnyappleseeds gps store.

Only you can say whether it's worth it to you.
But if you don't need 4K video, you won't get anything else from the pro.
It's a lot of effort just to get gold stickers.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
If the advancd is meeting your needs i wouldnt bother... we get reamed by DJI in Aus, so inrent on protecting the local market we even get served up soecial proces by the DJI website.

Check the DJI website prices using a VPN, its entertaining.

To good to be true!
If that is the case buy two and sell one as the discounted price (anywhere else) is AU$1699. DJI discounted price is a bit like Apple prices.....standard across the board, yes US is cheaper when to do the conversion and shipping but are you willing to pay extra if the cord is for US or there is a fault with it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Only you can say whether it's worth it to you.
But if you don't need 4K video, you won't get anything else from the pro.
It's a lot of effort just to get gold stickers.
Agree, the main reason should be whether you need 4K video or not.

I also have a P3A but I don't need 4K, because I don't own a 4K TV or monitor, and my 5-year old PC is not fast enough to perform 4K video editing. Sure I would like the faster battery charger and selectable FPV video bitrate, but those are not worth for me changing over from P3A to P3P.

Hmm... you're not referring to the 'clearance' on Ebay that I've seen of the Phantom 3 4K quads at that price of AU $885 are you? Don't mistake the 4K for the 4K PRO version. Different beasts.

... and while on the subject... does anyone know if the 4K version camera AND gimbal is the same (in every way) as the pro version? i.e. completely interchangeable?

Hmm... you're not referring to the 'clearance' on Ebay that I've seen of the Phantom 3 4K quads at that price of AU $885 are you? Don't mistake the 4K for the 4K PRO version. Different beasts.

Ahhh..I think I may have got too excited too soon, and I have assumed it was the Pro version.
The photos of it were all gold, so I believe that this is where I have been caught up..

My apologies for the incorrect price referencing..
For those looking, Kogan on their ebay store have the Professional for $1,399 and then 20% off that taking that price down to $1119.20, still a great price!

Ahhh..I think I may have got too excited too soon, and I have assumed it was the Pro version.
The ones I was looking at had the photos of the Professional, it was all gold and the ebay description highlighted the differences between the Standard, Advanced and professionals..with no mention of the 4K version, so I believe that this is where I have been caught up..Maybe sneaky advertising..?

My apologies for the incorrect price referencing..
For those looking, Kogan on their ebay store have the Professional for $1,399 and then 20% off that taking that price down to $1119.20, still a great price!

No worries. I did a 'double take' on it initially as well. It can be a trap for the unwary. And yes the 4K has the gold badging as well to help with the confusion.

No worries. I did a 'double take' on it initially as well. It can be a trap for the unwary. And yes the 4K has the gold badging as well to help with the confusion.
You and me both, i had the CC out ready to buy lol

You and me both, i had the CC out ready to buy lol

If your are wanting the features of the pro version and have the advanced then you can always do what was suggested earlier in the thread and buy the pro camera and gimbal from dji for AU$669 and after a firmware upgrade you are there!
Actually, that's why I asked the question about the 4K camera's compatibility with the PRO camera. If it was interchangeable then your original idea of buying a 4K setup gets you the camera and gimbal, a spare battery, charger, props and some spare parts from the drone!

The camera/gimbal unit on the P34K is NOT the same as the unit on the P3 Pro.

... and while on the subject... does anyone know if the 4K version camera AND gimbal is the same (in every way) as the pro version? i.e. completely interchangeable?

I've got the Standard so wouldn't work i don't think. I'd like to upgrade to the Advanced.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl