P3 Motor mount Reinforcement

Reaction score
prototype white.jpg

Hello friends,i have some stress cracks on my p3 a. I have 3D printer and its crews but i haven't got STL file motor mount reinforcement. Anyone have STL file like this picture??? But not thingverse or yeggi versions. They are not useful. Their measures are not complete.

Last edited:
I have 3D printer ... and I advise get the metal plates .... cheap as chips on Ebay - AND you get correct screw lengths AND the necessary support tubes for the innermost two frame screws.

Do not skimp on this ... you can make this worse if you do not have the proper support tubes / screws etc.

Nigel

Reactions: cuzzy1
Not even through a VPN ?

I'm just trying to figure a way for me to order - but you receive ... pity I didn't know before - I've just had two of my Guys working in Turkey ...

But a VPN should get you through ?

Nigel

Be careful with these. I installed these on a brand new P3 and cracked the motor mounts on the first flight! I probably over torqued them or the spacers were not correct length. Don't know but not using them on the new shell.

Be careful with these. I installed these on a brand new P3 and cracked the motor mounts on the first flight! I probably over torqued them or the spacers were not correct length. Don't know but not using them on the new shell.

I downloaded the Thingiverse plates and printed ....

The screw holes all have stand-offs and they do not line up properly. I have to agree with OP that the printed ones are crap !!

The metal ones of ebay though are exact fit and sit properly flush to the arm plastic at the motor screws. The inner two shell screws have correct length tube standoffs that hold shell perfectly.

Fitted correctly and with plastic safe Blue Thread Lock - are an investment worth fitting.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94