P3 4K Controller not charging

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have been in the process of moving for the last month and not had any time to fly. I was planning on some flying time this afternoon so after charging up the batteries for my P3 4K I plugged in the charger. Nothing. No lights, nothing at all. I gave it a few minutes to see if anything would change and still nothing at all. It worked perfectly about a month ago when I last used it and suddenly this. I left it plugged in for about half an hour and you could feel the top surface toward the lower right corner getting warm but still no lights and it won't turn on. At this point I'm guessing it's a bad battery but after reading the horror stories online, I'm trying to figure out the best thing to do. Has anyone else had to deal with this before?

Thanks!

Had the same issue last week after letting mine sit for a month .
Here's what I did, I opened the controller and could see a green led blinking inside so I unplugged the battery connection and plugged it back in and that fixed it. Now don't know if that will help you but fixed mine .

Had the same issue last week after letting mine sit for a month .
Here's what I did, I opened the controller and could see a green led blinking inside so I unplugged the battery connection and plugged it back in and that fixed it. Now don't know if that will help you but fixed mine .

Thanks dirkclod! I will give that a try. Any good instructions to be found on how to open up the controller?

Thanks!

One I used was on a P3P but pretty much the same. It's not hard but have done it several times so thats easy for me to say . Biggest thing is not to spread it apart no more than you have to as that ribbon at the top is kinda of a pain to put back. Give me a few and will post a video back here for you .

Reactions: TerKelDing
OK I couldn't find the one I was looking for but watch the first part of this and you will see how to open it up . Now in this which I didn't know you can look in and see that light blinking but maybe try what he did .
That don't work then just re hard boot it like I did and maybe that fix it. I will look some for that other video but here's this one .

OK I couldn't find the one I was looking for but watch the first part of this and you will see how to open it up . Now in this which I didn't know you can look in and see that light blinking but maybe try what he did .
That don't work then just re hard boot it like I did and maybe that fix it. I will look some for that other video but here's this one .

Very much appreciated! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Reactions: dirkclod
Very much appreciated! I'll let you know how it turns out.
Here's the one I went by. Now you don't have all the ribbons up top but do have one .
Also you don't have to take it all the way apart as you can see the battery wire when you crack it open .

Huzzah! It lives!!!

Thanks a zillion dirkclod! The videos were very helpful and it's just important to go slow and not damage that ribbon cable and things go fine. Actually, mine had two smaller ribbon cables on either side of the board as well as the larger one but it was no issue. I am an Apple consultant and have been working on computers and laptops for years so I had all the right tools and comfortable getting inside something like this. Pulled the battery cable and left it for about 10 minutes then buttoned it all back up and all was well! Also, when I opened it up, I did see the green LED flashing but still not sure what that's all about. I could not see it thru the charging port from the outside as one video I saw mentioned.

Thanks again!

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164