P2V+ Which phones/tablets and stuff work best for live video

Reaction score
Hello all,
Like your phone or tablet? Vote for it here.
Do you have a phone or tablet that works well with your P2v+ FPV? Let us know what it is!
I'm most interested in the phone or tablet, and the app version, but you can write as little or as much as you like from the list below
It would be nice to have all the information in one place. Thanks.

1The phone or tablet brand and OS.
2 The phone or tablet settings. (ie. Airplane mode)
3 The App version
4 Firmware version of the Phantom
5 Cell carrier
6 The environment. (ie. Electrical interference, heat or cold).

Thanks for your help.
Dogstr
Anybody tried the Galaxy S5?

Re: P2V+ Which phones/tablets and stuff work best for live v

I have a Samsung Note 3 with all the latest software upgrades. Good wifi connection.
Loosing camera connection all the time ie., picture and doesn't matter how close I am to the Phantom.
All the other functions on the app work and also camera and movie function seem to work (pic taking) but no
camera or FPV picture? For those that have a Note 3 are you having these problems?

Mark

Cell is Verizon

Dogstr said:
Hello all,
On my tablet I have the “connection broken” wifi problem. I have no live video after about 60 – 100 ft. I understand this is an ongoing problem and I’ve tried most of the solutions in the forum with no luck.
DJI is selling Phantom 2 Vision + as fast as they can make them, and I’m convinced plenty are working well.

I would like to hear from people who are not having problems. I’ve read, “This app worked or didn’t work”, but many times there is no reference to the kind of phone or tablet being used.

Are you fortunate enough to receive live streaming video (FPV)? Let me know what’s working? List the phone/tablet brand, setting, App version, and so on from the list below. What’s working for you? On average, how far away can you fly and use fpv?
With all the information in one place it may be easier to identify a pattern, a solution.

We (p2v+ owners) all have the same hardware.
The variables are:
1The phone or tablet brand and OS.
2 The phone or tablet settings.
3 Cell carrier
4 Firmware version of the Phantom
5 The App version
6 The environment. (ie. Electrical interference, heat or cold).
I wish to find the combination of variables with the best chance of delivering live streaming video (fpv).
Thanks for your help.
Dogstr

I don't think it's that simple. I'm on my third P2V+. The first one worked fine for 10 days then developed FPV problems. I tried the iPad Air, iPhone 4S, and an android phone. None of them worked. My third P2V+ works fine with each of the monitor choices I mentioned.

[/quote]
I don't think it's that simple. I'm on my third P2V+. The first one worked fine for 10 days then developed FPV problems. I tried the iPad Air, iPhone 4S, and an android phone. None of them worked. My third P2V+ works fine with each of the monitor choices I mentioned.[/quote]

Okay, Thanks

Hello all

As mentioned somewhere else i had issue's with FPV.
I got the telemetry on the old tablet ( android ) but no live video.
So i did some research ( as far as possible ) and seen a lot of people using a NEXUS 7.
Well that maybe works but to spend money on a overkill tablet ( i only use it for FPV ) i went to see if there are other options (cheaper).
The cheapest tablet aren't going to do the job due to the fact the processor is to slow.
That processor has to do a lot of work to get the image on the screen.
So i toke a shot in the blind and bought a asus ME173x. Mid range price and quad processor running on 1,2g.
Ow i did a test with a colleague on his iphone 5 and there it worked. It was just to see if the phantom worked, no flight was done.
The ME173x or MEMO PAD from ASUS works really fine.
My system now:
V+ on V3.04 and the tablet is V1.04.
The only issue i have is the distance displayed. Hight and acceleration are good.
50m displays as 906m. And goes most of the time to n/a. Its the same with V1.39.
What i experienced yesterday afternoon was the following.
The evening before i had good results but didn't had the app yet to extend the range. I had 12 satellites and no issue's @ all. ( Didn't see that distance thing because i had other things to worry about ).
I toke the bird for a spin @ 2pm. Hot sunny day here.
The most satellites seen was 8 and it toke some time for the phantom to make a homepoint. And during the flight around 5/7 satellites. Not really conferrable.
Also the live video connection was broken often but reconnected almost immediately. So actually i had no video loss, just that screen popping up regularly.
In the evening (9pm) i toke it again for a spin. It was back in full force. 12/13 satellites and no video interruption what so ever. A clean smooth flight, even with range extender app on.
As a fully licensed HAM radio guy ( yes i have the privilege of transmitting on any HAM radio band ) i know something about how transmissions work.
My suspicion goes to the sun and her activity when i toke the 2pm flight.
Lets see whats it going to be this afternoon because its going to be 30¤C ( 86¤F ) and more.
A video of my first FPV flight and testing of the range extender app can be seen here.
I switched on recording the moment it reached the stock range. And initialized also the range extender app.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8a7ACK5l_g

Nice bedtime story isn't it ?

JP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8a7ACK5l_g

I hade the memo pad and it didn't work good for me. Altitude and distance were way off. Distance was at 800' off. Switched to iPad mini and it work fine. , who knows ?

Mori55 said:
I hade the memo pad and it didn't work good for me. Altitude and distance were way off. Distance was at 800' off. Switched to iPad mini and it work fine. , who knows ?

On the memo pad the distance was way off but did the live video feed work?

mtnhiflyr said:
I have a Samsung Note 3 with all the latest software upgrades. Good wifi connection.
Loosing camera connection all the time ie., picture and doesn't matter how close I am to the Phantom.
All the other functions on the app work and also camera and movie function seem to work (pic taking) but no
camera or FPV picture? For those that have a Note 3 are you having these problems?

Mark

Cell is Verizon

Have you tried version 1.0.39?
see link
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16182&start=30#p154810

Im using a iPhone 5S and or a iPad 2 with retina display..Both work well. For some reason when I was using my 4S I couldn't control the camera pitch..

Havavision said:
Im using a iPhone 5S and or a iPad 2 with retina display..Both work well. For some reason when I was using my 4S I couldn't control the camera pitch..

Thanks for the info

Dogstr said:
mtnhiflyr said:

Mark

Cell is Verizon

Have you tried version 1.0.39?
see link
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16182&start=30#p154810
No I haven't. Can you go back to an earlier version? The screen is so hard to see even in the shade
not sure it even matters!

I am pretty new having only had the P2V+ for a couple of weeks. But I am using an iPhone 5s, and have had no issues whatsoever. Perfect FPV video always. Now I admit, other than taking the bird to 300 feet, and not too far way, I am not stretching the limits. I also have an iPad Mini retina, but so far have mode no attempt to use it.

DCGOO said:
I am pretty new having only had the P2V+ for a couple of weeks. But I am using an iPhone 5s, and have had no issues whatsoever. Perfect FPV video always. Now I admit, other than taking the bird to 300 feet, and not too far way, I am not stretching the limits. I also have an iPad Mini retina, but so far have mode no attempt to use it.

Ooops. Meant to include, I updated all the firmware to latest available on May31 before I flew for the first time.

DCGOO said:
DCGOO said:

Ooops. Meant to include, I updated all the firmware to latest available on May31 before I flew for the first time.
Thanks for the info. so far, people are having good experience with the iPhone 5s.

mtnhiflyr said:

Mark

Cell is Verizon

I have a samsung note 3 as well and since day 1 I am getting the "Connection Broken" message appear on the screen. I don't even connect my phone to my router but still. And of course now my P2V+ is crashed and I cannot use it with the phone anymore. Waiting for a deal on a new gimbal and camera for me P2V+. Wonder how will one solve the connection broken problem?

Whit the note 3 you have to go to advanced setting in the wifi and un check the automatic change of network.

Enviado desde mi SM-N900T mediante Tapatalk

Have you try to disable the Raw funktion. When I was shooting in raw I got a black screen but when I switched to jpeg it's working fine.

Skickat från min LG-D802 via Tapatalk

Re: Sv: P2V+ Which phones/tablets and stuff work best for li

mtnhiflyr said:

Mark

Cell is Verizon
Patrik said:
Have you try to disable the Raw funktion. When I was shooting in raw I got a black screen but when I switched to jpeg it's working fine.

FPV works fine with my nexus 7 2013 at 640 15fps. With booster APP i can go 900m. But at 30 fps my picture freezes at close range. Using latest APP 1.0.40

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl