P2V+ Which phones/tablets and stuff work best for live video

Re: P2V+ Which phones/tablets and stuff work best for live v

Log[GER] said:
FPV works fine with my nexus 7 2013 at 640 15fps. With booster APP i can go 900m. But at 30 fps my picture freezes at close range. Using latest APP 1.0.40
900m Wow, that's great. What booster app? Thanks for the info.

ToThePoint said:
Hello all
i had issue's with FPV.
I got the telemetry on the old tablet ( android ) but no live video
a lot of people using a NEXUS 7.
So i toke a shot in the blind and bought a asus ME173x. Mid range price and quad processor running on 1,2g.
Ow i did a test with a colleague on his iphone 5 and there it worked. It was just to see if the phantom worked, no flight was done.
The ME173x or MEMO PAD from ASUS works really fine.
My system now:
V+ on V3.04 and the tablet is V1.04.
The evening before i had good results but didn't had the app yet to extend the range. I had 12 satellites and no issue's @ all.
Also the live video connection was broken often but reconnected almost immediately. So actually i had no video loss, just that screen popping up regularly.
In the evening (9pm) i toke it again for a spin. It was back in full force. 12/13 satellites and no video interruption what so ever. A clean smooth flight, even with range extender app on.
As a fully licensed HAM radio guy ( yes i have the privilege of transmitting on any HAM radio band ) i know something about how transmissions work..
Lets see whats it going to be this afternoon because its going to be 30¤C ( 86¤F ) and more.
A video of my first FPV flight and testing of the range extender app can be seen here.
I switched on recording the moment it reached the stock range. And initialized also the range extender app.
JP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8a7ACK5l_g

Thanks for the info.
Can you tell me more about the range extender app?

@Dogstr

Because you asked and is in fact f topic, look into this viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496
I payed 6,??? € for it.

ToThePoint said:
@Dogstr

Because you asked and is in fact f topic, look into this viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496
I payed 6,??? € for it.
It works! Or I should say it helps a lot. My connection went from about 100ft to 450ft. I know that's not very far for most of you but to me it is very encouraging. As soon as I get a new phone I think I'll be in good shape. Now I need to decide on a phone or tablet.
Thanks for your help.

DCGOO said:
I am pretty new having only had the P2V+ for a couple of weeks. But I am using an iPhone 5s, and have had no issues whatsoever. Perfect FPV video always. Now I admit, other than taking the bird to 300 feet, and not too far way, I am not stretching the limits. I also have an iPad Mini retina, but so far have mode no attempt to use it.
Have you tried your iPad mini yet?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj