P2v or p2

Reaction score
I want to buy a quad what is the difference I have an dx7s and a hero 3 gopro would I be better off to get the p2 and add the FPV or just get the p2v. I mostly want to scout my crops. Have been flying RC planes for 10 years......Dave

Hi there

I have the Vision so I am going to be biased. I think both have different advantages. The P2 can have a gimble fitted so that helps to get super smooth footage. Also a GoPro has many more video standard options, including taking photos in very high resolution. The downside for me would be that very often the GoPro footage is spoilt by the propellers being in view during fast forward flight. This can be a cool effect but then again I wouldn't want them in every shot. Also GoPro footage can suffer from reflections caused by the Phantom red forward facing LED's.

The Vision on the other hand cannot yet have a gimble fitted so your going to need a little more skill to get ultra smooth shots. However learn to fly it in ATTI mode which is fairly easy and its much more stable so you can get smooth shots. The big advantage of the Vision of course is that it can be linked to your phone out of the box which allows you to see what the camera is seeing and to tilt the camera up or down. The P2 and Gopro needs extra equipment on top of the purchase to bring that functionality.

Crops?
Range might be the limiting factor here

P2V is a great kit for <1000' scouting. With modification you can maybe push it to 3000'.
P2 by default can cover 3000',and can go twice or triple that (or even more with receiver replacement) with just a transmitter replacement.

If you can live within P2V's range limit, then it's a great no-fuss kit at a great price, considering it comes with FPV and OSD ready to go out of the box.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl