P2V+ going back so what is the best alternative

Reaction score
I got the Phantom 2Vision plus a few weeks ago and was very impressed for a few days. Then the gimbal started to twitch when pointing down. I updated the firmware hoping that would fix it but instead the gimbal got the jitters on start up as well as still twitching.

After various emails with DJI there final advice is to return the item for repair. Given there are no replacement parts and not even any replacement P2V+ in the UK im returning it for a full refund to Heliguy.

The question is what to replace it with. Having an all in one product is great but its only as good as the weekest link (see the number of broken gimbals on here). Heliguy is recommending a P2 with H33D gimbal and a Gopro, i obviously gain in photo and video quality but lose telemetry and FPV. I am inclined to accept and see it as a lucky escape from an extreamly fragile machine.

What are others thoughts on the best alternative to a P2V+

I think heliguy is spot on with their recommendation. Adding fpv capabilty to that rig is not that hard either. I would personally never put money down on a vision plus.

I have a similar setup as recommended, but with iOSD and FPV.
Definitely right for me
Gopro is excellent and flexible, whilst iOSD provides lots of info ( more than pv+?)

As helitv touched on the the Gopro is more flexible and can be used for other purposes while the vision and vision plus cameras are tied to the platform

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl