P2 Shakes

Reaction score
Ok I have posted before about Gimbal shakes....

But this seems to be the P2 it's self. On the desk without props it seemed fine, but then when I try to fly it shakes, it's not the props as I have a 2nd Genuine set direct from DJI and I have a balancing system to check them.

When I fly steady and low I can stop the shake for a moment when I steady the (Cheapo ) Gimbal by hand...... But just like the video I attached this shake seems to be in the P2 it's self.

This is not my video but looks exactly like my issue?

Any ideas?

yes I have crashed once or twice....

Thanks

Post your own video example not someone else.

Check your gains settings in the phantom assist.
Set to default first and then adjust.
You need to remember that different weights affect motor (and different motor variation have different KV's). The problem is that no Phantom 2 is the same in weight so there is no standard in gain settings when in comes to the P2.
Anyways, think of gains as of doing arm curls. If too heavy, your hand starts to shake as it tries to stabilise..

You're last sentence tipped me off. I accidently loosened screws on motor mount when I first got a P2 a while back to remove remove shell. Anyways, I realized I was taking wrong screws out about half way through, and began re-tightening them. Well I missed a couple and just snugged them down. Eventually after 1 or 2 flights they must of loosened more and it started shaking like crazy. Brought her down and couldnt figure it out, as with no props on on table it ran fine, but with load/drag of props it shook like crazy. I soon figured it out, and realized 2 screws were missing and the other 2 were really loose. Got some new screws and viola~ problem solved. Now, back to yours, I would examine it and see if you have some hairline fractures in the motor mount area. Since it was crashed, I would bet that may be your problem. Think of a car if you've ever had a motor mount break.
Only other thing I can think of(besides what Mako79 mentioned is that you slightly bent one of the motors bell housing/ or shaft. Agin this is based on the facts ya crashed it a couple times. If not loose, or cracks found, I would try to isolate which motor is vibrating. To do this, remove props!!, spool up and watch them carfefully at a low speed, you'll prob seem one that if you watch the bottom of the bell housing will appear to be outa whack.

Forgot to mention, I think the gimmbal is counter effecting the problem temporarily, is why you get occasional steadiness. Agin like a car motor mount when you have a steady rpm going, but feel it upon acceleration or deceleration at it's worse. Physics, lotsa physics apply here, and the gimbal is dampening vibes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor