Overseas transportation

Reaction score
Any of you guys took your UAV overseas on a plane? Just wandering if you have to stow it as I can't see any airline allowing it as carry on baggage. Is there a limit to how many batteries you can carry? Did you need to let customs know what you are carrying etc????
I thought about flying my P3 behind the plane but its 12 hour flight and I'm not sure my battery would last that long. :)

I took mine on a flight to Iceland. Checked the drone, you have to carry on your batteries. Didn't have any issues. I think you can carry on your drone as well but my case wouldn't fit.

Any of you guys took your UAV overseas on a plane? Just wandering if you have to stow it as I can't see any airline allowing it as carry on baggage. Is there a limit to how many batteries you can carry? Did you need to let customs know what you are carrying etc????
I thought about flying my P3 behind the plane but its 12 hour flight and I'm not sure my battery would last that long. :)

Hello! You should checkout the CasePro DJI Phantom 3 Carry-On Wheeled Hardcase. This is the ONLY Carry-On Hard Case for the DJI Phantom 3. You can carry-on the batteries.

Check this out- https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...edia/faa_airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

They mention that two larger lithion ion batteries per passenger is allowed, but personally I have travelled with more. Keeping your batteries in a LiPo safe bag is advisable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan