Overlay Video?

don26812 said:
That's good to know about a Mac.

Any NAZA-M thoughts?

Watch whole video (minute 4:30+ talk about NAZA-M vs. Phantom M and IOC):
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06oME4S4r50[/youtube]

Thanks for posting the link, Jumanoc. I suspect I have seen this video before at some point (I've watched scores of them it seems), but it appears that I better watch it again and pay more attention to the details.

Moose, thanks for the URL. I will look at it as soon as I get the NAZA-M mode issue resolved.

I watched the suggested video for implementing the NAZA-M mode, which I thought was really good. I thought I did everything suggested and things looked right. IOC was On.

However, when I went out to fly, my Phantom did not respond as expected. It was pretty breezy, but the Phantom could handle it.

I put S2 (left) in the down position for Home Lock and S1 (right) in the top position for GPS. I had 10 satellites, I believe.

First, I assume S1 and S2 work independently, that is I can fly in GPS mode at the same time as I am in Home Lock, right?

I kept the Phantom pretty low just in case things did not go well.

It flew in the GPS mode fine, even in the breezy conditions. That is, it hovered when I released the sticks. But when I rotated, the Phantom, and attempted to fly back to me, forward continued to be in the direction the nose was pointing.

I landed, and cycled the power on the Phantom and put S2 into the Course Lock position and took off again. At first I thought this mode worked, but trying it a second and third time, it did not appear to work. GPS held the Phantom in a stable condition but the IOC functions did not work.

I also tried changing modes in the air. Can I do this?

I have not checked the NAZA-M settings prior to writing this post, but I am assuming they will show things are properly set up.

Here are my current thoughts regarding why things did not go right.

• Is it possible that the home lock was never achieved? I had green lights.
• I did not re-calibrate after switching modes. I believe the video said this was not necessary.
• Again I assumed S1 can be in GPS mode – up.
• I did not recalibrate my compass.
I will study the subject video again and go through the steps stated, but I really would appreciate hearing any ideas and suggestions from you all.

To those who commented re. the actual subject of this thread, I plan to come back to it, once I get this NAZA-M mode issue resolved.

As always, thanks in advance.

PS Should I start a new thread for NAZA-M?

jumanoc said:
For iPhone / iPad users, use iMovie App from apple store for free. It also includes PIP (picture in picture feature)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imovie/id377298193?mt=8

Hi J,

I went to the URL you posted & it shows the app for $4.99, I didn't try to download it yet,(so it might actually be free @ checkout)
I thought I would ask first??

Thank U Sir!

Moose

Moose said:
jumanoc said:
For iPhone / iPad users, use iMovie App from apple store for free. It also includes PIP (picture in picture feature)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imovie/id377298193?mt=8

Hi J,

I went to the URL you posted & it shows the app for $4.99, I didn't try to download it yet,(so it might actually be free @ checkout)
I thought I would ask first??

Thank U Sir!

Moose

There are some free Apps but this is "apple native" so it is the best for PIP and a great effects collections It worth for $4.99

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl