Opinions

Reaction score
morning all
I currently own a p3s and am thinking of replacing it.
It's either a Mavic pro or the air but what one would you choose if you had to and why?

There are a lot of comparison videos saying the camera is better on the air,and also the avoidance system but the battery life and controller are batter on the pro

The more reviews I read the more undecided I am

Just looking for some advice from owners of either or both

Many thanks

The camera isn't a big deal to me. Anything over 1080p is just not that important to me. For me it's flight time, range or signal stability, things like the sensors and processors and ease of flying. Of the 2 choices I would go with the Air because of size and features.

The camera isn't a big deal to me. Anything over 1080p is just not that important to me. For me it's flight time, range or signal stability, things like the sensors and processors and ease of flying. Of the 2 choices I would go with the Air because of size and features.

Kinda with you on the camera thing as I can only film in 2.7k at the Moment but from what I have been reading and watching the pro has better range/signal stability,battery life so was edging towards that,

Reactions: Cellblock776
Kinda with you on the camera thing as I can only film in 2.7k at the Moment but from what I have been reading and watching the pro has better range/signal stability,battery life so was edging towards that,
Plus the Mavic Pro right now have a similar price level to the air. The choice it's clear, Mavic pro win in almost every aspect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cellblock776
My problems with the Mavic Air are the shortened range with enhanced wifi and a smaller battery, the loud swarm of bees sound and the RC not having an information screen. It does have more flight modes and a better camera/gimbal than the Mavic Pro, and the price may still be less at many retail outlets.

The Mavic Air is a great drone for the masses, and I can see it as a backup for those using them commercially. Even so, it isn't the bird for me since I mostly fly long distance Litchi missions. Also, no one really knows when the next generation DJI products will be released, how they will be outfitted, their performance, etc, so you can wait for their release or choose what is currently available. The choice is all yours.

Once you glance at the sale price on the Mavic Pro, then you compare it to the Mavic Air, you will possibly not detect much of a difference. The price tag for Mavic Pro usually around $999 and also the Mavic Air is just $200 less than that. The considerable difference in price tag will probably put the Mavic Air good in advance of its eldest brother for the majority of potential buyers.

I do think that the person with average skills will probably be more pleased with the Mavic Air, however individuals who prefer to push their drones to the limit will certainly love the Mavic Pro.If you would like the compact drone effective at capturing functional 4K video, get the Mavic Air. It's significantly more compact compared to Spark. It's got much better obstacle avoidance.

It truly relies on exactly what functions you would like for a drone.A fact, most of the people would certainly enjoy high-end flight performance as well as DJI smart features on the less cost price tag.

Maybe you could get much more info from the experts or the owner itself at mavicpilots forum. I am just a newbie to give some pro advice.

Once you glance at the sale price on the Mavic Pro, then you compare it to the Mavic Air, you will possibly not detect much of a difference. The price tag for Mavic Pro usually around $999 and also the Mavic Air is just $200 less than that. The considerable difference in price tag will probably put the Mavic Air good in advance of its eldest brother for the majority of potential buyers.

I do think that the person with average skills will probably be more pleased with the Mavic Air, however individuals who prefer to push their drones to the limit will certainly love the Mavic Pro.If you would like the compact drone effective at capturing functional 4K video, get the Mavic Air. It's significantly more compact compared to Spark. It's got much better obstacle avoidance.

It truly relies on exactly what functions you would like for a drone.A fact, most of the people would certainly enjoy high-end flight performance as well as DJI smart features on the less cost price tag.

Maybe you could get much more info from the experts or the owner itself at mavicpilots forum. I am just a newbie to give some pro advice.
I bought the Mavic Pro platinum because it's quiet and also love the range capability. I never own a drone that can go up to 7km in distance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT