Operating for Free? P3S

Here you are again saying dumb things. We have to follow FAA guidelines over here in the States. I'm sure if they decide it's commercial use, you'll be right there to pay the big fine he gets? Or serve the jail time for him? OP, do not listen to this poster! Do what was advised above................ check with the FAA to be sure. That's what it is all about now.
Im sure you old timers love living in a nanny state and im sure you are also brainwashed into not using your own judgement and sence . This is why nothing gets changed cos you get told what to do and you do it get some balls and say NO for once in your life and enjoy something ????

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mactech
I have never had a stalker before Snerd

Im sure you old timers love living in a nanny state and im sure you are also brainwashed into not using your own judgement and sence . This is why nothing gets changed cos you get told what to do and you do it get some balls and say NO for once in your life and enjoy something ????

You really don't have a clear grasp on how the FAA works do you? Come on over anytime you like and try your hand at going up against them directly. Right or wrong they have been given full authority by our US Congress to keep the National Airspace safe for all of us. You don't have to agree with the FAA but at the end of the day you will abide by their rules.

Flying a UAS is not a God given right. It's a privilege just like driving a car. You can drive your car in some places with no rules (your farm land for instance) but if you're going to drive on public roads etc you will follow the rules even if you don't agree to them.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
You really don't have a clear grasp on how the FAA works do you? Come on over anytime you like and try your hand at going up against them directly. Right or wrong they have been given full authority by our US Congress to keep the National Airspace safe for all of us. You don't have to agree with the FAA but at the end of the day you will abide by their rules.

Flying a UAS is not a God given right. It's a privilege just like driving a car. You can drive your car in some places with no rules (your farm land for instance) but if you're going to drive on public roads etc you will follow the rules even if you don't agree to them.

The severe irony is a guy from the UK telling us we live in a nanny state....

Haha you Americans are so funny , I understand how the FAA works but I also know how to think for myself . I can make a decision for myself just as long as I fly in the proper manner without risking people's lives or flying over areas which could be classed as dangerous . You don't need get so defensive regarding my views I get so annoyed when all we want to do is fly and then someone says you can't do that because you may earn some money doing it and break a certain rule that is meaningless ,so what if you make a bit of money there's no harm done .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Come on now an American that doesn't break the law you'll be telling me that you all live by your guns laws next

Come on now an American that doesn't break the law you'll be telling me that you all live by your guns laws next

And what gun laws do you seem to think that most of us break? I've got a gun or two (or five), and followed all the applicable gun laws with each purchase as well as I follow all applicable laws when I choose carry concealed. (I have my concealed carry permit). I think you would be surprised that the vast, vast majority of non-felons follow the laws pretty closely. Now a felon or a terrorist, doesn't really matter what laws are on the books. They are gonna do what they want. I'm pretty sure France's gun laws are pretty strict, but that didn't stop recent events.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Hey, I over in the US last month with my Dji P3P. While flying I was asked by a number of people such as farmers and property owners to take picture/videos of there land and buildings. Also I was offered cash to do so.

I knew the so called laws regarding drones in your place. I made sure there was no one around and did the jobs asked and took the cash.

I was stopped my the police and they asked what I was doing so told them and they didnt have a clue of any Faa rules but with a swift cash in hand payment to them I had the green light from them.

So from personal experience I would go ahead and take it.

Have fun.

And what gun laws do you seem to think that most of us break? I've got a gun or two (or five), and followed all the applicable gun laws with each purchase as well as I follow all applicable laws when I choose carry concealed. (I have my concealed carry permit). I think you would be surprised that the vast, vast majority of non-felons follow the laws pretty closely. Now a Felton or a terrorist, doesn't really matter what laws are on the books. They are gonna do what they want. I'm pretty sure France's gun laws are pretty strict, but that didn't stop recent events.

That is very true

I sure don't need to stalk.................... your vigilante posts are all over the forums!
Yes they are but you seem to comment on everything I say so ,you don't agree with me then that's fine I expect that cos I am outspoken and I'm not always right but we all have opinions and how am I a vigilante . It's just banter please don't take offence if I have offended you then I am really sorry :)

Oakmeadows,
I haven't read any of your posts outside this thread, but reading your posts here....
You seem to be a responsible person. Just one who questions over-bearing government and over regulation. On THAT we agree.
The USA would not exist as it is today (good thing or bad ?) had it not been for some "misbehaving" Brits. ;)

I think most Americans have forgotten that, sadly. <sigh>

Reactions: TheRealNick
Hey, I over in the US last month with my Dji P3P. While flying I was asked by a number of people such as farmers and property owners to take picture/videos of there land and buildings. Also I was offered cash to do so.

I knew the so called laws regarding drones in your place. I made sure there was no one around and did the jobs asked and took the cash.

I was stopped my the police and they asked what I was doing so told them and they didnt have a clue of any Faa rules but with a swift cash in hand payment to them I had the green light from them.

So from personal experience I would go ahead and take it.

Have fun.
Oh that was fantastic ,no corruption there then I need to find that place as well [emoji3][emoji3]

I run across people ALL THE TIME in the hectic, crowded metro area where I live who are flying Phantoms for pay (weddings etc) who do not have a 333 or any other authorization. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with them. But I do feel it's wrong that we have to kiss up to Uncle Sam and beg for permission or pay a tithe for every thing we do.

If I want to pay someone with a Phantom to video and photograph MY wedding on MY property or in a SAFE manner that puts noone and no property at risk elsewhere, that should be NONE of the **** governments business.

Last edited:
I run across people ALL THE TIME in the hectic, crowded metro area where I live who are flying Phantoms for pay (weddings etc) who do not have a 333 or any other authorization. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with them. But I do feel it's wrong that we have to kiss up to Uncle Sam for every thing we do.

If I want to pay someone with a Phantom to video and photograph MY wedding on MY property or in a SAFE manner that puts noone and no property at risk elsewhere, that should be NONE of the **** governments business.

I agree with this, it is a silly that you can do all the same things as a hobby but once you try to earn you have to jump through ridiculous hoops. My 333 is in process though...

I run across people ALL THE TIME in the hectic, crowded metro area where I live who are flying Phantoms for pay (weddings etc) who do not have a 333 or any other authorization. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with them. But I do feel it's wrong that we have to kiss up to Uncle Sam and beg for permission for every thing we do.

Define "safe". Is it as in you can't possibly hurt any one by filing a wedding? If you think it can't happen, I'll supply links to several videos.

I agree with this, it is a silly that you can do all the same things as a hobby but once you try to earn you have to jump through ridiculous hoops. My 333 is in process though...
While the outcome is the same, you have it backwards. All aircraft have these restrictions. However, there was an exception made for non commercial flights of UAVs. So you started off needing a 333 exemption. Don't like that you need one? Well, they waived that requirement.

Define "safe". Is it as in you can't possibly hurt any one by filing a wedding? If you think it can't happen, I'll supply links to several videos.

So basically if you want to film your own wedding you have to get a load of paper work signed??? Just because there is other people there. What a joke!!!

If I want to film a wedding for someone I will if they pay me great. Stop acting like robots and stop following every law that is put in place as half of them are just rubbish and prevent you from enjoying your hobby!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl