On the fence about the Litchi app

What does this mean? LCMC was made a production feature about a month ago. Why would you say it's still beta?

Anyhow - if you (the OP) are using iOS - you've gotta thaw the Litchi enthusiasm with a grain of salt if it is coming from Android users. Autopilot is not available for Android yet. And Litchi does not have feature parity on iOS and Android. The Android version can do significantly more than the iOS version. You're best to find an iOS user that has used both Litchi and Autopilot for the best advice.

Neither Litchi, nor Autopilot were designed to compete with and be full replacements for Go - even though there is a lot of overlap. They are meant to be supplements and they were designed using an SDK that DJI provides.

Litchi and Autopilot have different capabilities. Whether one is "better" than the other depends on which of those capabilities are more important to you. For some people - the right answer is to buy both! Asked whether Litchi or Autopilot is better is almost like asking whether a Philips or a Flathead screwdriver is better! The answer will change depending on what type of screws you have and many people have both!

They are also not the only 2 games in town although they seem to be the most popular and most well known. FPV Camera is another one I bought recently. It had 1 feature that I needed that was not available in AutoPilot (not sure about Litchi) - but I needed to create a waypoint using GPS co-ordinates. To do that in Autopilot would have required doing it on a computer and exporting the file into Autopilot - so it was possible - just not natively.

Anyhow - there are also plenty of niche apps for mapping - like Drone Deploy and Pix4DCapture and more seem to pop up every month....

Ignore what the person said about the video quality being poor when using a third party app. All the theirs part apps do with pictures and video is tell the drone to take a picture or start recording. They don't change the optics and they don't do any image processing. It's the exact same image you'd get using Go. I have no idea what that poster was talking about.

Well, I said that because on autopilots web site the feature still had a beta tag next to it, thats why. Sorry if the vendor is behind on their own software.
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 6.27.24 PM.jpg

Also, Litchi Mission Hub can create a waypoint via GPS coordinates.

I do own both AP and Litchi on iOS, and I have used Litchi much more. Simply because it does what I want in a simpler manner than Autopilot. I do mostly waypoint, autonomous missions...that was not available in AP until I guess I month ago...but hey Autoflightlogic, update your website. I find the interface to be less cluttered and easier to deal with on a smaller screen. If I were using an iPad Air 2, rather than my iPhone 6s+, I might like AP better.

Also, though not 100 at parity with their Android offering, Litchi has been offering very regular updates adding features pretty quickly to their iOS product.

Looks like somebody at Autoflightlogic reads this forum on the weekends. The beta tag just got removed. I took that screen grab, posted here, then went back about less than 10 minutes later and the beta tag was gone. Freaky...

Have been B-testing and using both the iOS production and the B-test versions of Litchi now for weeks and other than an inadvertent last waypoint w. an altitude of zero that resulted in a crash, all has functioned as advertised .. and they're revising the App weekly ... at least the iOS beta test version ... Don't use GO except to set certain parameters that you can't set w. Litchi ... You'll like it!!

Have been B-testing and using both the iOS production and the B-test versions of Litchi now for weeks and other than an inadvertent last waypoint w. an altitude of zero that resulted in a crash, all has functioned as advertised .. and they're revising the App weekly ... at least the iOS beta test version ... Don't use GO except to set certain parameters that you can't set w. Litchi ... You'll like it!!

Well, if you've been testing both the iOS and Android versions, can you give us an up to date summary of any feature discrepancies that still remain?

When I looked at it about 2 months ago - one difference that stood out to me back then was the Virtual Reality module for FPV wasn't available for iOS.

And in cases where they did* have "feature parity" at a high level, once you got granular - there were options and configuration parameters that were also Android only.

I know that they have been working hard to improve their iOS capabilities - but not sure how far they've gotten. It sounds like you're in a good position to tell us...?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl