Old Motors vs. New Ones

Reaction score
So I've been pretty excited waiting for my p3p to show up from best buy. Anyway showed up today and I've been steely all nite. Well finally got the kids settled down for the night and open the box to find it has the older style motors, insert---->circus noise So I guess my question is do I even bother getting it going or take it back and hope for a new to be shipped to me with updates motors? Thoughts. Thanks [emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]

:D
So I've been pretty excited waiting for my p3p to show up from best buy. Anyway showed up today and I've been steely all nite. Well finally got the kids settled down for the night and open the box to find it has the older style motors, insert---->circus noise So I guess my question is do I even bother getting it going or take it back and hope for a new to be shipped to me with updates motors? Thoughts. Thanks [emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]
I would take it back and tell them you want the upgraded version-- not the old motors.:D

Reactions: brianb87
Anyone know when they started shipping them with the new motors?
I'm planning to pickup another P3Pro tomorrow and if its not the new motor version I'll probably just keep looking.

Anyone know when they started shipping them with the new motors?
I'm planning to pickup another P3Pro tomorrow and if its not the new motor version I'll probably just keep looking.
Call DJI Sales and ask them

Ummm... is there any documented/tested difference to the newer motors? Or is this all just "omfg, new shiny!"

Shell I can understand, assuming the new motors correspond to the somewhat updated shell.

Does anyone have comparison pics of new motors and new shell?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443845769.068556.jpg

I had the same issue with Best Buy!! They have no clue between the different models. I took it back. Just ordered from DJI directly. No purchase protection. But hope I won't need it!!!

I bought mine on 9/5/15 it has the old motors what is the time frame for turning it in to receive the upgraded set? Side note my buddy bought his the same day and his has already cracked. He flies more than I do so I assume that is why.

I bought mine on the 15th september from jessops and its got the old motors. Do you think i could yake it back and get it swopped for the new upated phantom advanced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan