OHIO

Well here is the video .
Just saw that. Glad everything turned out (I would say) better than expected. Thanks for sharing. I did my very first Litchi mission just yesterday. Scared $hitless when it took off and started the mission. I had it going no faster than 5MPH in my neighborhood just a few houses down the street and back to home point. As I get more comfortable with app I am sure I will venture farther. I suspect it will take me quite a while to reach the lengths that you've shown. I have both of my drones (P4 and Mavic) fully insured, but am still a bit chicken$hit to push them at this point. Everything I've done to date is LOS.

Reactions: Fallguy
Just saw that. Glad everything turned out (I would say) better than expected. Thanks for sharing. I did my very first Litchi mission just yesterday. Scared $hitless when it took off and started the mission. I had it going no faster than 5MPH in my neighborhood just a few houses down the street and back to home point. As I get more comfortable with app I am sure I will venture farther. I suspect it will take me quite a while to reach the lengths that you've shown. I have both of my drones (P4 and Mavic) fully insured, but am still a bit chicken$hit to push them at this point. Everything I've done to date is LOS.
Last summer I took mine on a distance mission in Litchi . I was going for 5 miles . I know it sounds crazy , but over mostly farm land . It took off and I kept it at 130ft high and after it cleared the trees , I lost video signal . I didnt regain video signal for almost 20 min when it was about a half mile out and on its way back. Talk about nervous. That waiting period was the worst . I try not to go without that much of a signal loss. That trip went just about 4 miles .
I went out west back in November and flew a 5 mile trip in the desert . Had full signal the whole trip . Didnt use Litchi that time. I know I take chances , and mostly because it gets boring just flying here around the house.. Ive flown 360 degrees around here in at least a 3 mile radius . Best thing about these drones is the video and pics you get from them . Most places you want to get pics from are usually restricted areas anyway . I try and fly safe and try to keep away from others as much as possible.

Last summer I took mine on a distance mission in Litchi . I was going for 5 miles . I know it sounds crazy , but over mostly farm land . It took off and I kept it at 130ft high and after it cleared the trees , I lost video signal . I didnt regain video signal for almost 20 min when it was about a half mile out and on its way back. Talk about nervous. That waiting period was the worst . I try not to go without that much of a signal loss. That trip went just about 4 miles .
I went out west back in November and flew a 5 mile trip in the desert . Had full signal the whole trip . Didnt use Litchi that time. I know I take chances , and mostly because it gets boring just flying here around the house.. Ive flown 360 degrees around here in at least a 3 mile radius . Best thing about these drones is the video and pics you get from them . Most places you want to get pics from are usually restricted areas anyway . I try and fly safe and try to keep away from others as much as possible.
I guess the technology is there and good enough that we shouldn't have to be too concerned, but the human worry element is still very real as far as losing it or fly-aways, which I realize are less common than I think. I have bought the Marco Polo locating device. Had it for about 4 months, but have yet to strap it on one of the drones. If I were to fly it in non-LOS mode, I would think that I would take the time to use it.

After the P4 went down , we landed the Mavics and I left the screen on the P4 controller and started walking the half mile towards where I knew it crashed. I told my friend to take a picture of my map on my screen , but then noticed it was showing my position as well , and as I walked , my position was moving . So the Litchi app led me right to the bird. Not much ground cover there , but some small plants . The battery was out of the bird as well. So you dont need to have power to the bird for that feature to work, Pretty much lets you know your last know position. It was very helpful . Hopefully wont ever need to use that feature ever again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl