View attachment 62462 View attachment 62463 View attachment 62464 Hello there fellow phantom 4 aficionados.
Here is my latest long range flight. I believe this one puts me in that top 30.
I ll include pics of my rc setup. I have the dbs antenna boosted.
Here is the YouTube video:

And here are the pics of my flight stats:

View media item 2140View attachment 62462

Can I give some advice? I can tell from your video you're either in sport mode and hauling butt, or in a massive headwind?

If it's sport mode and hauling the mail, might I suggest the key to long range... Slow and Steady. Attempt to hold a steady 29 to 31 mph, and turn everything off that is unnecessary like collision avoidance etc.

You're R/C is great but you don't need to be boosted to go that far. Some guys are going 30,000' I think with un-boosted and no Battery Mods. I myself have only been 23,000' un-boosted and no battery mods. But I know more is possible if I could find the right time and place.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Longest radius and distant flight today. I haven't been flying very much at all for about a month due to medical problems, but I felt good enough to fly today. I made it out to 18,575' with a total distance of 37,201' with just windsurfers.

I'm sure I'll do better when I fly from a hillside about 10 miles from my house. Eventually, I will feel good enough to venture out.

so the log says autoland kicked in at 22m 37s, landing time was 24m 54s. thats a long 2 minutes sir, good job
Yeah, the signal score isn't that great coming back because I had to go inside the house and grab my flip flops for the walk lol

9413b0cb8d023659b80f263bd1b1dc31.jpg

FPVLR,BOOSTED

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

turned home at 66 percent landed at 34 percent definitely have to push it a little more just afraid for 1200 drone strapped with 200 in batteries won't make it back! jake i got my spot back :)
IMG_0060.PNG

so i had a crazy flight today. sun was hot as hell so i put a blanket over me and the controller/ipad on the tripod. when i got to 25000 from home the camera stopped working it was a grey frozen screen. then the app exited to the main screen where you select camera and froze there for like 20 seconds. i kept clicking on camera it finally loads the app. i then have no video and my green line that shows me where home is disappeared! i was able to read the street names and knew i was heading in the right direction but it was very scary to say the least. i put a new battery in when i landed and camera worked fine. guess i'll wait till it's cooler out to gun for the top 5 on the board!
image1.PNG

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
so i had a crazy flight today. sun was hot as hell so i put a blanket over me and the controller/ipad on the tripod. when i got to 25000 from home the camera stopped working it was a grey frozen screen. then the app exited to the main screen where you select camera and froze there for like 20 seconds. i kept clicking on camera it finally loads the app. i then have no video and my green line that shows me where home is disappeared! i was able to read the street names and knew i was heading in the right direction but it was very scary to say the least. i put a new battery in when i landed and camera worked fine. guess i'll wait till it's cooler out to gun for the top 5 on the board!View attachment 63479
Nice job bro!

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. I did run p-mode with CA toggled off.
What would you say are the best settings for optimizing battery life for Range? P-mode w sensors off/ sport at moderate speed or atti mode w moderate speed?
I am aware that I didn't need the boost to get max range , however I do like the penetration and the reliability of the connection with the boosters.
Again, thanks for all the tips.

Can I give some advice? I can tell from your video you're either in sport mode and hauling butt, or in a massive headwind?

If it's sport mode and hauling the mail, might I suggest the key to long range... Slow and Steady. Attempt to hold a steady 29 to 31 mph, and turn everything off that is unnecessary like collision avoidance etc.

You're R/C is great but you don't need to be boosted to go that far. Some guys are going 30,000' I think with un-boosted and no Battery Mods. I myself have only been 23,000' un-boosted and no battery mods. But I know more is possible if I could find the right time and place.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This leaderboard is sponsored by Maxx UAV. For all your signal and range improvement needs, check out maxxuav.com

USA Customers: maxxuav.com
Canada Customers: maxxuav.ca
Europe Customers: maxxuav.eu

Each store ships world wide!

I will keep this list maintained. If you would like to be added to the leaderboard, please post a screenshot of your flight and say what your setup was.

Edit: If I miss your post, send me a PM.

1. dirtybum - 55,068 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. Chuck R. 46,066.5 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
3. Fanti - 44,528 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
4. Mohan De Silva - 43,253.7 ft - Horizon Terminator - Battery Mod
5. YoungBlood - 37,208 ft - MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod, 7 Years Old
6. josephtarlecky - 36,653 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
7. Fast13 - 32.447 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
8. GadgetGuy - 30,590 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
9. oblivie - 26,583 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
10. Jake (Maxx UAV) - 26,042 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
11. DanielMyst777 - 24,935 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
12. KykPhantom - 23,400 ft - Stock
13. Cloud Chaser - 23,300 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted
14. TheLightSpeedz - 23,072 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
15. Jeremiah Nelson - 22,626 ft - L-com 8.5dbi Antenna, Boosted
16. koreysmith123 - 22,390 ft - Stock
17. FLPTFLYER - 22,327 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
18. Fredz - 22,169 ft - FPVLR, Unboosted
19. ringolong - 21,586 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
20. Altaman - 21,539 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
21. Tripc - 20,831 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted
22. SolarDude - 20,802 ft - MaxxRange, Unboosted
23. BriRi - 20,791 ft - Windsurfer
24. Ramphex - 20,545 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
25. KykPhantom - 20,474 ft - Stock
26. Phantomfreak - 20,145 ft - Windsurfer
27. Ignacio Perez-Navarro - 20,129 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
28. adambfarmer - 20,068 ft - Stock
29. r62ewa - 20,006 ft - Stock
30. Fallguy - 19,486 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted

Here's Chuck R's incredible video!!

@Jake unboosted MaxxDBS AND NO BATTERY MODS! Just the antenna!
94f4c9ded5e83a738638535b02403668.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
I'm sure this has been asked before , but what if you are using Litchi and your flight log only shows half of your flight distance. I had a long distance mission today because conditions were perfect , to fly 4.2 miles . I lost signal at about a mile and waited patiently for its return. After over 20 min in the air I took over and landed with about 4 min of flight time left. My video shows the full trip was made , but the flight log says 2.03 miles. They need to put a flight log on the P4 itself and not just in the tablet .

p.s. Get well soon ftttu

Well done! I'll bet you are eager to get Jake's battery mod! :cool:

BTW, you don't need a battery mod to go far.
However,
you may need it to make it all the way back! :eek:

I'm kind of seeing how far I can go without a battery mod and boosters. I just moved here from flying over the ocean... Finding a spot in the desert has been a challenge believe it or not.

Thanks to PHXBIRD he gave me a spot I love. I'm no where close to being done yet

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94