I was going for the stock record last night and was out to 19,600 ft or so with good battery power but my video feed started to break up, I started stopping and going as it was coming in and out but decided I'd better turn around. When I started flying back I realized there was a slight tailwind and she wasn't coming back as fast as she was going out, this was all over water. It was my first time having the heart racing moment when flying and I was worried I wouldn't make it home. I lowered altitude and got out of the slight wind and made it home with 23% battery. I know that's quite a lot left but for a first time having the worry of, oh no I'm not going to make it home moments, 23% was low enough. It's something to first see your Home icon to the far right and your time remaining to the far left, I was very happy when I could hear the whir when she was getting close.

I was going for the stock record last night and was out to 19,600 ft or so with good battery power but my video feed started to break up, I started stopping and going as it was coming in and out but decided I'd better turn around. When I started flying back I realized there was a slight tailwind and she wasn't coming back as fast as she was going out, this was all over water. It was my first time having the heart racing moment when flying and I was worried I wouldn't make it home. I lowered altitude and got out of the slight wind and made it home with 23% battery. I know that's quite a lot left but for a first time having the worry of, oh no I'm not going to make it home moments, 23% was low enough. It's something to first see your Home icon to the far right and your time remaining to the far left, I was very happy when I could hear the whir when she was getting close.

That's funny... I went 23,000 last night, and it's freaky to see the "H" all the way to the right, and the time left all the way to the left.

At 23,000ft on a stock Phantom 4, I started panicking too.

Here's a good tip I've discovered-

1. Check which way the wind is blowing. Fly out into the wind, so you have the tailwind on the way back.
2. If you maintain a 29mph - 31mph average speed for max distance for the least amount of battery.
3. Sport mode is good for distance... Reason is, you have a better control over the speed.
4. Climb altitude SLOW, about 3 feet per second (I think) just slowly climb out!
5. On the way back maintain your cruising speed, while descending altitude slowly. Descending on the way back, slowly reduces the motors RPM's and immediately slow the battery consumption. I try to make a perfect slope back to me on the way home.

Again I'm far from an expert. Just what over learned.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's funny... I went 23,000 last night, and it's freaky to see the "H" all the way to the right, and the time left all the way to the left.

At 23,000ft on a stock Phantom 4, I started panicking too.

Here's a good tip I've discovered-

1. Check which way the wind is blowing. Fly out into the wind, so you have the tailwind on the way back.
2. If you maintain a 29mph - 31mph average speed for max distance for the least amount of battery.
3. Sport mode is good for distance... Reason is, you have a better control over the speed.
4. Climb altitude SLOW, about 3 feet per second (I think) just slowly climb out!
5. On the way back maintain your cruising speed, while descending altitude slowly. Descending on the way back, slowly reduces the motors RPM's and immediately slow the battery consumption. I try to make a perfect slope back to me on the way home.

Again I'm far from an expert. Just what over learned.

Excellent advice and most of those practices I follow currently but I am far from an expert as well, I've just learned that I enjoy flying long distances and I try and implement things I've learned here from more experienced pilots. I usually fly in P-Mode with OA disabled and try and maintain 31mph. I'm having a lot of fun learning and find these forums invaluable.

I find that sport mode it's easier to maintain the speed. Also, in Sport mode you get the little RPM, gauge thing? I try to keep it at or below 5,000rpm's for maximum battery life. If you see the light blue showing, it's eating battery life.

Last night I set my record for me 23,000'... I had a solid headwind on the way out... So I went 28mph instead of 32mph like normal, reason being that could maintain 28mph, while keeping the RPM's below the 5,000rpm's. Without the wind I could have easily done 25,000' I think on a stick bird... Even at 23,000' I was able to land with 20% battery or more.

You know you're doing good when you good a solid 20 minute flight on a stock battery.

I will keep this list maintained. If you would like to be added to the leaderboard, please post a screenshot of your flight and say what your setup was.

Edit: If I miss your post, send me a PM.

Disclaimer: Yes, I sell the ItElite, no this leaderboard is not biased towards ItElite, I do not filter out FPVLR or any of my competitor posts. The owner of FPVLR is spreading rumors that this is the case. Simply not true. I welcome competition as it's a benefit for everyone! I have nothing bad to say about the FPVLR antenna, it is a fine antenna, and I even own one for my 3DR Solo & Phantom 4. There is also a rumor that you'll be banned for speaking of FPVLR and that is not true either. Say it here and get your favorite setup on The Leaderboard!

1. Keith M. - 50,251 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
2. Chuck R. 46,066.5 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
3. Mohan De Silva - 43,253.7 ft - Horizon Terminator - Battery Mod
4. GadgetGuy - 30,590 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
5. oblivie - 26,583 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
6. Fast13 - 26,280 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
7. Jake (Maxx UAV) - 24,048 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted
8. TheLightSpeedz - 23,072 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
9. Jeremiah Nelson - 22,626 ft - L-com 8.5dbi Antenna, Boosted
10. koreysmith123 - 22,390 ft - Stock
11. FLPTFLYER - 22,327 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
12. Fredz - 22,169 ft - FPVLR, Unboosted
13. BriRi - 20,791 ft - Windsurfer
14. Ramphex - 20,545 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
15. Phantomfreak - 20,145 ft - Windsurfer
16. adambfarmer - 20,068 ft - Stock
17. r62ewa - 20,006 ft - Stock
18. Ozziebattler - 19,460.7 ft - Windsurfer
19. Kman - 19,335.7 - Stock
20. DanielMyst777 - 18,518 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted
21. Jonathan Abdoo - 18,186 ft - Windsurfer
22. Altaman - 18,159 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
23. Stewkur - 16,680.9 ft - Windsurfer
24. phantom13flyer - 16,134.6 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna - Unboosted
25. r0adb10ck - 16,083.2 ft - Windsurfer
26. xgaul - 13,235 ft - Windsurfer
27. Dwilli9013 - 12,621 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Unboosted
28. Theresa Strange - 11,282 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted

Here's Chuck R's incredible video!!

I'm catching you Jake! Non-Boosted too!

I'll mod it for you Jake,i've never modded a P4 before so I need someone's to practice on before I do mine[emoji41]
Haha! There is a much simpler mod coming out soon. Can't share any details other than think "Plug & Play" ;) Won't void warranty and it's not modifying the OEM batteries.

Haha! There is a much simpler mod coming out soon. Can't share any details other than think "Plug & Play" ;) Won't void warranty and it's not modifying the OEM batteries.
I know, I know, this is a P4 thread, but I have to ask - Jake, this plug and play "teaser"...will it only be for the P4 platform?
Please don't flame me
:)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know, I know, this is a P4 thread, but I have to ask - Jake, this plug and play "teaser"...will it only be for the P4 platform?
Please don't flame me

How dare you ask that in a p4 Thread Blaster!!!
GET HIM guys!!![emoji41]

Reactions: MasterBlaster
image.png
image.png My first try, more to come :)

MaxxRange, batt mod.

38,322 ft.

Wont void warranty ? Even if you are adding extra weight to the quad that might put more stress on the motors ? Hmmm? Count me in .

Please don't flame me

There already is a plug and play option. But you have to mod one battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94