20160623_125820.jpg there's a picture of the camera on my Phantom 4 I would never ever ever ever ever take my camera off of my Phantoms in my mind it's cheating and it ruined the P3 leaderboard. That's my opinion though

Reactions: dirtybum and Lee SK
**** man when I took the picture of my camera on my Phantom 4 I noticed that there was a stress crack on my rear left motor arm on the top side you have your P4 apart DB what the top side of the shell on around the motors be load-bearing?

Ruined is a little strong right now the people on top of the leaderboard are doing it the right way and even the way we're doing it it's a little reckless when you take your camera off your drone you take away your ability to respond to the unknown a bird a helicopter a tall tower or telephone pole that you didn't know was in your path A Flock of Seagulls there's a million reasons you can think of why you need a camera in an emergency situation but it would probably end up being the ones you're not thinking it what happens if you have to land in an emergency you have no clue what's below you what you think is an Open Meadow could be the spot where the Johnson's decided to have their family picnic. That's my problem with it.

**** man when I took the picture of my camera on my Phantom 4 I noticed that there was a stress crack on my rear left motor arm on the top side you have your P4 apart DB what the top side of the shell on around the motors be load-bearing?
I think the motors are just resting on some clips on the top shell. I'll take some pictures here on my lunch break.

Ruined is a little strong right now the people on top of the leaderboard are doing it the right way and even the way we're doing it it's a little reckless when you take your camera off your drone you take away your ability to respond to the unknown a bird a helicopter a tall tower or telephone pole that you didn't know was in your path A Flock of Seagulls there's a million reasons you can think of why you need a camera in an emergency situation but it would probably end up being the ones you're not thinking it what happens if you have to land in an emergency you have no clue what's below you what you think is an Open Meadow could be the spot where the Johnson's decided to have their family picnic. That's my problem with it.
But please don't worry about it... DB is aways keep watching every day ....

But please don't worry about it... DB is aways keep watching every day ....
It's clear now that you took real offense to me asking you on the P3 board thread if you had a camera on Lee! I'm sorry that offended you.

Reactions: Lee SK
20160623_135230.jpg 20160623_135200.jpg I just realized my Phantom 4 is ruined the shell is all cracked on the back legs that sucks I don't think they even have shoes for these things yet that really sucks man of all the drone I have that one is my favorite to fly

View attachment 57961 View attachment 57962 I just realized my Phantom 4 is ruined the shell is all cracked on the back legs that sucks I don't think they even have shoes for these things yet that really sucks man of all the drone I have that one is my favorite to fly
Dude this stuff will hold it good..use a small file then put this in there..its fir plastics...wont crack at all..at least try it..go into a marine store..they have it. give it a shot!!

Attachments

• 1466705799232.jpg
    1466705799232.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 301
Reactions: UnknownCaller
View attachment 57961 View attachment 57962 I just realized my Phantom 4 is ruined the shell is all cracked on the back legs that sucks I don't think they even have shoes for these things yet that really sucks man of all the drone I have that one is my favorite to fly
Dude this stuff will hold it good..use a small file then put this in there..its fir plastics...wont crack at all..at least try it..go into a marine store..they have it. give it a shot!!
Yeah you got nothing to lose to try that, the top crack was not alarming, but the bottom crack makes you look like you're motors about to fall off! Do you think that happen when it hit you so hard

U probably don't need these pics now that you see there is more damage. That disgusts me to see also! Like you said we have enough spare parts for other aircraft laying around, this sucks it had to be that one
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466706909.522155.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466706924.486251.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466706933.053415.jpg

I'm going to just try to glue it. If it doesn't work it doesn't work. I manage to get 10 miles with it. I was able to prove that the P4 is every bit as good of a distance drone as the Phantom 3. It will be a bummer not being able to attempt 11 miles with it. But if it doesn't work I'm not going to buy another one I move on to the Inspire 2 or the matrice 600 thanks for all your suggestions guys. Dirty bird has his apart right now he will pick up where I left off

Dirty birds doing a battery mod too!Nice to know in case I forget how to put it back together.

Yeah you got nothing to lose to try that, the top crack was not alarming, but the bottom crack makes you look like you're motors about to fall off! Do you think that happen when it hit you so hard
No I don't think it happened when it hit me I think it happened the same way the Phantom 3 stress cracks occur active braking causes too much stress on the Drone. I was running about 37 miles an hour and I let off the throttle too much all at once.

I meant you
Oh! Well I will not be picking up where you left off, while you and others have made it clear that the P4 is capable of some amazing range, I am a long ways off from being able to fly it like you guys do. There's a lot of variables you have to be mindful of with the P4
I don't think any of those miles you got were done easy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak