OFDM Phantom 3 ribbon Cable

Reaction score
My cousin crashed my Phantom 3 standard drone. This caused the OFDM cable to break. I have not been able to find the cable online for purchase. So basically the Gray, Black and Gray ribbon cable need to be replaced. Can anyone tell me where to purchase this cable from?

fd4328d3493120e380afe1a4aca43a53.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thank you guys for the quick reply. The only problem I have is that I don't see the black and gray cables and the tips are circular. The ribbon cable looks good. Am I missing something or is the picture wrong?

Thank you guys for the quick reply. The only problem I have is that I don't see the black and gray cables and the tips are circular. The ribbon cable looks good. Am I missing something or is the picture wrong?
You need part#97 about $18.

Do you guys know where I might find instructions on how to install part #97?
If you search on YouTube, there's a few to watch there. I don't know of any formal DJI instructions if that is what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If you search on YouTube, there's a few to watch there. I don't know of any formal DJI instructions if that is what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I searched youtube and found that the videos indicate you basically have to take the entire drone apart. I can think of ways to not do that but it involves stripping the wires and I want to avoid that but I see that as a lesser evil than taking the entire drone apart.

Thanks for the reply. I searched youtube and found that the videos indicate you basically have to take the entire drone apart. I can think of ways to not do that but it involves stripping the wires and I want to avoid that but I see that as a lesser evil than taking the entire drone apart.
It would be tough to replace those patch antennas without removing the shells. Keep us posted on how you do it.

Ok I found this video on youtube
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
- shows how to take the top off. looks like only the recessed screws need to be pulled out. i found a comment on Amazon of a guy that was able to change part 97 by just taking off the top. i just cant tell how i would reach part 97 without taking the circuit board out? any ideas?

Here is a video I found detailing how to replace the antenna.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey all, I'm in a similar situation . I just replaced part 97 with no luck. I have a video feed to my dji go app and the gimbal stays steady after its warm-up movements. However the remote won't control the gimbal tilt. AND the app reads aircraft disconnected/ gimbal disconnected. The aircraft is also beeping, two beeps, pause two beeps, pause ... so on...

Should I replace the ribbon cable/ part 81?

Take it apart. All the way! You will make it so much easier on yourself. If you don't get to the USB plug and take it out,good luck getting that plug past it. You have to be able to get to the patch antennas anyway and by that point your about there. You will cuss a lot if you if you don't. At least I did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan