Odd behavior at low altitude.

Reaction score
Hey all, long time RC hobbyist here.

Having a bizarre situation with my P3S I got as a trainer beater. During initial liftoff and high altitude the controls work normally. At around 9-10feet the right control stick "forward" direction in mode two begins moving it right and strafing as if I was pulling the stick right. If I actually pull the stick right the normal behavior happens. Reverse and left work normally. If I climb up 70-80 feet the controls return to normal?

I'm a bit new to this and did calibrate the compass, stick travel and IMU. Since I've only had one flight so far I was wondering if there's anything else I should check

Sure you're just not getting hit with wind at that particular altitude affecting your track?

Not sure why the problem would be altitude dependent. Issue sounds more like wind. Also you need to see if this behavior is repeatable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Only thing I can think of is that it's set to course lock or home lock mode but this would only take affect when it was a ways away and then go back to normal mode when it's close. The opposite of what is posted.

Second flight, 150 miles away from the original location. Re-calibrated compass and IMU. No issues, my guess was the original was in the center of a city park in Philadelphia and maybe something messed with the original calibration.Looking at the log it did look like the ground pattern was a little wonky.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl