Obstacle Avoidance does not work during "Failsafe RTH"

Reaction score
When reading the manual, I came across how obstacle avoidance won't work in "Failsafe RTH" when triggered automatically versus triggering it manually in "Smart RTH"

Why the limitation?

That must be something DJI copied over from the Phantom 3 manual. It should use the obstacle avoidance in any RTH situation.

Geez, this company needs to hire an editor before this crap is released

I literally started packing up the drone to return because it would be pointless IMO

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Geez, this company needs to hire an editor before this crap is released

I literally started packing up the drone to return because it would be pointless IMO

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Why would it be pointless. Just set you RTH to higher then the highest object around you and you won't have any problems. JMO

Don't panic folks,it works.
Not my video,saw it on another forum this morning.

Reactions: curiosity
OA is the reason the bird can't be yawed anymore when in RTH like the P3. It was nice to RTH and have it fly backwards towards home.

I just had a RTH incident, this one unlike my other 20 second signal loss, was about 2-3 minutes, and, unlike what I was led to believe, the bird actually came down to its RTH height (200m) yes I know it's hi, but I'd rather break a guideline for a few minutes then have an uncontrolled aircraft weighting 3lbs flying through the air, and the extra height helps get a signal, I was at 943' or close, I was pushing my limits, and could see the bird actually, but once you look away, can't find it again. Anyway, really surprised it lowered itself, thought it wouldn't do that

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

To be fair, I had heard a plane, you can see it in flight path. I lowered it to about 820' before signal crapped out all the way, then before it went out completely I tried to raise it to get signal back, it went sideways for a while, opposite direction, then did an acute angle, and went down to its 200m while moving in flight, didn't lower and fly. But it started because I heard a plane, and wanted to get low

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

the bird actually came down to its RTH height (200m)
Please post your TXT flight log here and post a link back here if you'd like us to check it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl