Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. jwt873

I've searched for this on the forum and elsewhere... Can't seem to find an answer.

I tried out the HDR function today on my P4. I set the camera to HDR mode using the DJI Go app. Then I went up to take a few test shots.

When I press the shutter button on the top right side of the controller, the camera takes a picture. Rather than just make the camera click/whir sound and flicker like in normal photo mode, the screen goes dark for a second or so.

Now, when I do HDR with my regular camera, I take three images of the same scene. One properly exposed, one slightly over exposed and one slightly under exposed. I then combine these images using HDR software.

When I take the images off my Phantom MicroSD card, I don't see multiple exposures. There is no bracketing. I just get single images for each shot I took. They don't seem to be any different than regular images I've been shooting.

Is the HDR thing being done in the camera's firmware?? Or do I need to do something else in order to get three images of the same scene with different exposure values?

2. Draettig

3. jwt873

OK.. I did some more searching and found a thread about HDR in the P3 forum. I'm going to assume it applies to the P4 as well.

The simple answer is that the HDR option doesn't really do much at all. I don't understand why they added it to the still camera menu... Professional - HDR and AEB settings dont seem to work right

4. Patrick

HDR not quite as much but AEB 5 allows for quite a bit of dynamic range in photos

5. Patrick

if you use AEB 3 or 5 you will see either 3 or 5 shots. if you use HDR it will combine them for you automatically and get 1 photo

6. Patrick

for landscape photography i almost always use AEB 5 and see dramatic differences between that and a single still.

7. jwt873

Ah.. OK. Now I see what they're doing. Thanks for that.

8. Sim597

That's why it goes black on HDR, this is normal, it's because it's processing the 3 shots, it's HDR, compare to a regular shot, HDR is great compared to regular. I'm glad it doesn't take 3 and keep them, it takes 3, combines then tosses extra info.